NBB's Grow With Hans LED Panels - Trainwreck & AK47

photographs 7,8,9 show a male cannabis plant.

here is a male and female cannabis plant

Male_Female_Cannabis_Plants.jpg

here is a female pre flower

The_Early_Female_Preflower.jpg

You guys are absolutely right.
I had no idea male plants "operate" independent of photoperiod.
I've lost nearly half my plants.

What is your take on the deficiency below?
My guess is it's potassium, but the plants aren't responding to it.

Thanks

imo older leaf's wont get green again. See whats happening with new growth. Anyway- nice journal, keep e'm coming. Currently I'm also doing LED's + airpots, but as i've lost 50% of my led's due to cheap parts and personal stupidity, so I'm considering buying hans panel or even maybe two, thus for me it would have been very interesting if you had staid with the led only setup. :D

Have you considered doing scrog as there's not so many plants left?

I'm also growing AK-47 along with New Blue Diesel. My AK is growing really slooooowly. Are yours also from serious seeds? I'm hoping mine will hit a growth spurt soon.

Head on over to my journal and have a look. To give you an idea, the NBD is only about 8 days older than the AK. They are easily 4 times the size.

Your plants seem to be doing well now.

Kovacs, where u from Dude?

Did u read what I wrote about the LED panels?
Stay away from them. My plants refused to grow under them. They set me back quite a few weeks

I'll consider scrog, although I've never done it before and I don't have a net.

My biggest concern at the moment is watering. I'm going on holiday in a few weeks and I need to build an automated irrigation system to water the plants while I'm away.

Thanks Blaze!

Yes I believe they're serious seeds and if you look at the pics, u'll notice that the AK's were roughly growing at the same pace as the TW's.
What lights are you using?

what are you adjusting your pH to? what is the pH of the first run off when you water? what is the soil mixture you are using? you want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil. If your soil/soiless mixtures pH is out of adjustment you may have to flush your pots with at least twice the volume of pH adjusted water as pot size to return it to a proper range.

here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver - Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

Thanks Blaze!

Yes I believe they're serious seeds and if you look at the pics, u'll notice that the AK's were roughly growing at the same pace as the TW's.
What lights are you using?

400w HPS in a small tent. The light is not the issue, as the other strains are growing really well. I'm not complaining though. The AK is very healthy. Just slow growing. I put them straight into a small/medium sized pot. So its growth might explode soon. The Blue Diesel in my tent is about 8 or 9 days older. They also grew fairly slowly in the beginning and then took off. Although the AK seems to be taking longer in this regard.

The cannabis god is punishing me.
These are pics are from before I treated for mag deficiency:

I flushed and gave them a good ol' dose of calmag and everything was swell for about a day.

But now, my one and only Trainwreck is being a bitch.
I think you can figure out which one she is from the pics below:

Hints/tips/comments?

Over-watering maybe? Leave them to get bone dry. Even if it takes a week. The pot should be extremely light before giving water again. Sorry, I'm not sure how many grows you have under your belt. I might be talking to a pro here, in which case my 'advice' might seem like a bit of a slap in the face.

I just know that I struggled to curb my over-watering tendencies in my last grow. My plants looked similar to yours, but when I changed the watering schedule to the pot weight method, they bounced back spectacularly.

Here are a few other things I did, to help improve my plants when looking like yours:

- Increased nutrient B in relation to nutrient A. Nutrient B is magnesium phosphate (I think). I also suspected a cal/mag def. Hence the bump in Nutrient B.

- Moved the plants a little further from the lights, because I was worried about heat stress. Especially with the Vanilla Kush as it is known to be sensitive to heat as well as needing extra cal/mag.

Maybe google trainwreck and try and find out if the strain has any special needs, like my Vanilla Kush had.

I hope this helps bud.

EDIT: Also, obviously make sure your pH is always stable at around 5.7 - 6.0 for soiless and 6.5 for soil. You probably know that already.

The trainwreck actually appears to have been droopy from underwatering.
It's droopy again and I'm struggling to understand why. To further complicate things it's only droopy in areas that don't get as much light.
Fortunately, the AK's are doing great.

I'm going on holiday next week and I have built a watering system. It's based on an arduino (microcontroller) and a small submersible pump.
It's far from perfect but it'll get the job done.

Well I dunno if anyone is still tracking this journal, but I thought I'd post a quick update.

I was on holiday for c. 2 weeks and I thought my arduino contraption would keep my girls happy, but as usual, things did not go exactly as planned.
The PVC tube that was supposed to supply the nutes to the girls collapsed under the weight of the lid and was not able to transport the nutes in the desired quantity. As a result, the girls developed various deficiencies, but survived.

This morning my second timer switch let me down when it failed to turn off. Unfortunately I didn't notice this until half past 11, meaning an extra 3.5 hours of artificial sunshine.
Fuck me.

Surprisingly the AK47's are nearing harvest.
Not quite sure how this is possible when this is only their 6th week, but wutever.
Perhaps it's the LED's or the shock they underwent over my holiday?! WHo knows...

The TrainWreck is a bitch.
The AK47's appear to have been happy throughout my grow, but the TW is impossible to please.
It's leaves are always drooping and curling under.

My only concern now is the time of harvest.
I would ideally harvest now because pretty much all the trich's are milky on the AK's, but I can't cuz it hasn't been 10 days since the flush.

Questions for ya'll:

When should I be starting the countdown to harvest from:
- the last time I fed the girls chemical nutes
or
- the flush
?

My imagined timeline: trichomes are starting to yellow -> stop giving nutes. Then wait while at least 50-60% are reddish/browninsh and do flush. After flush wait 1-2 weeks (btw- there's also technique keeping last 2-3 days plants in complete darkness, btw.. google it! ;) ). Propably harvest one plant few days faster than another if one's already all brown, yet another only 50% reddish.

Harvesting bit sooner or later is also kind of dependent whether you want more high or stoned feeling.

Questions for ya'll:

When should I be starting the countdown to harvest from:
- the last time I fed the girls chemical nutes
or
- the flush
?

Back
Top Bottom