Graytail's 3rd: 4x4, HiBrix, Latest LED Tech, Lots Of Light!

I'm a debater at heart, so I'm constitutionally unable to see just one side of an issue. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Personally, I'm tempted to believe that there should be no law against what we might choose to eat or drink or smoke, etc. In theory, we're only affecting ourselves. Sure, our behavior may cause a lot of chaos for others, but that's our behavior - it's not the drug. If I drink and pass out - no problem. If I drink and attack people - that's a problem. It's the behavior. But if you see a drunk guy attacking people, you know exactly why he's being a problem - it's the booze, right? So you try to regulate access to booze. It makes perfect sense. If we didn't think so, we wouldn't have age laws and driving laws, etc. But ... I bet if we really looked into it, even those laws might be costing us more than they're worth. After all, no kid is prevented from drinking just because there's a law against it, and most people will still drive buzzed.

Law-abiding people don't fully understand that not everyone abides by laws. :straightface: I think that's the core issue. A rule is not a law if you can't enforce it. And rule-breakers don't honor laws that aren't enforceable. :laugh: This is something that the rule-followers are forever failing to grasp. They must understand it somehow, but it never seems to be in the forefront of their minds. They continue to think that if they come up with the right set of rules, they can keep the crazies from mucking everything up. But ... if the crazies followed the rules, there wouldn't be any problems in the first place. :hmmmm: Right? Why does this obvious truth keep eluding them?

So, philosophers of the rule-breaking class scratch their heads at that stone cold stupidity, and try to come up with rational reasons for it. Who benefits? Who benefits from unenforceable laws? Law enforcement. The State.

And that's the point I want to make, the thought I'd like to distribute. I wish we were all talking about it this year. :straightface: Who benefits from unenforceable laws? They allow LE to single out individuals to investigate, and that can certainly be a good thing. But ... how's that working out?

Those of us who have enjoyed smoking the herb for our entire adult lives intrinsically understand what it's like to live in a rule-breaking culture. We want LE to enforce laws against violence and thievery. We don't want them busting us for smoking or trading.

We have too many "laws", and we are currently firmly in the mindset that there should be more laws. The very idea that new rules solve old problems is foundational in our current culture. But ... people who cause trouble don't follow rules. So all that happens is that the government gets to build more buildings and hire more people, who never actually accomplish their purpose, which prompts calls for more funding, more buildings, more government employees, who end up not giving a ratsass because they never actually accomplish anything.

Meanwhile, the rule-breakers look at all those resources being wasted, all those dead-eyed government employees with benefits, all that useless effort and expense ... and they look at the problems in their culture ... and they don't see that all that effort is worth anything. Nothing seems "better". Instead, they have to constantly be afraid of being hauled into the system and having their lives, and the lives of those around them, totally disrupted. That's almost always unhelpful for rule-breakers. It might work for little Johnny from the suburbs, but he lives in a law-abiding culture. It would be more efficient for LE to concentrate on law-abiding cultures, wouldn't it? That might do some good.

So, the next time you hear about some great ideas for a wonderful new law, think twice. I almost never hear about one that's enforceable. :hmmmm: Think more government buildings and government employees, and piles of money being wasted.

And freedoms lost.

And true, institutional, racism.

:Namaste:

That was disturbingly insightful. My favorite passage:

"And therein lies one of the most powerful, lesser-known reasons for prohibition: it is a heavy-handed tactic to silence dissent."

And he instituted price controls ... :rolleyes:, etc. - couldn't even manage being a good Republican. :straightface:

But he knew how to wield power, and was masterful in foreign affairs, unlike our recent Presidents. I'm happy this year to live in a State that isn't in play - my vote won't matter. :laugh:

I agree with all of that. I do often think of the context though. Some of the same people that own the companies and banks that own the world, were the ones that financed and promoted prohibition. The ever expanding State, inclusive of it's buildings, laws and minions, are inextricably mandated by our current monetary system. You could also make the same claim for prohibition, constant war, trade agreements, inflation, bankruptcy, poor health care, and mis-education in our schools. An 'uneducated' field hand born 200 years ago, knew the perils of private central banking. How is it that we don't know it today? They knew that if we as a nation allowed privately owned institutions to issue and control the money supply, we'd soon be subjects upon the King's land. Fast forward to today - tell me what you see. F^ck the rules. F^ck Woody Wilson too. Lament 1913, not Nixon...he was just trying no to get shot. Sorry for the cranky old guy rant...this looked like the spot for it :)

It's great to see you again, CareStaker!

This discussion is only marginally on topic, and probably less welcome than it might be if it was farther from an election, but I want to point out one thing I noticed several years ago. It was right after the mortgage crash. For years, banks had been offering mortgages to subprime borrowers with virtually no down payment. Ordinarily that would be a stupid thing to do, but Congress had written laws requiring the banks to do just that. The idea was to increase home ownership - a good thing. And to encourage the banks to do it, Fanny Mae was underwriting virtually any application. So the banks, naturally, began to issue mortgages purely for the origination fees. Congress didn't require stringent credit checks. :straightface: The government ended up holding millions of bogus mortgages, and the banks made a fortune off the fees. The days of S&Ls were gone - all mortgage debt was first transferred to a few huge banks and then to the government itself. The government is now in control of the money flow from mortgage payments, one of the biggest cashflow expenses a family will have.

At about the same time, the government seized control of healthcare cashflow. All insurance payments now go through a few huge corporations (sound familiar?) with the intent of soon being taken over completely by the government as single payer gov't insurance. The laws make it unprofitable for the private sector.

What else does a family spend a ton of money on? Financing college educations, which was also taken away from the private sector. All college loans are now issued by the government, and owed to the government.

So ... who's now in control of a family's primary cash flow throughout its lifetime? The government. At least we're lucky that we don't finance our food, eh?

I think it's being done because the entire world has already spent and wasted the next 50 years worth of profit. The whole monetary system is a joke, and they need to be in complete control when the devaluation/reset/crash/collapse finally comes. 100s of trillions in unfunded liabilities? We're Wile E Coyote hangin' in the air, after running off the cliff. :straightface:

It sure is a good thing that our federal government isn't corrupt, huh? What if the people in the powerful positions were only looking after their own interests, their own pensions, their own careers? But all of us know how much better the government does things. The best products and services always come from the government, so there's no reason to worry.

:thumb:

Good to be back, whatcha growing ?

Nuthin yet. :cheesygrinsmiley:

As of now, I'm planning to go with

2 Carnivals
HSO Blue Dream
Positronics Purple Haze
SSSDH
Strawberry SD
Raspberry Diesel

... you suppose my whiteflies are all dead yet? ... :laugh:

Sounds like a hell of a line up there GT. I just pulled down a Blue Dream and despite it being a common strain, it's definitely one to grow. I want to get on the Carnival train, but I have amassed way too many seeds as it is so I had to bar myself from ordering anymore.

Sounds like a hell of a line up there GT. I just pulled down a Blue Dream and despite it being a common strain, it's definitely one to grow. I want to get on the Carnival train, but I have amassed way too many seeds as it is so I had to bar myself from ordering anymore.

:laugh:

A few days ago I rummaged around a bit, and assembled all the easily findable little packets of seeds that I had put in various convenient places ... there's more somewhere I'm sure ... :hmmmm: ... and ahem, it's already embarrassing. I vaguely remember counting past 50. And I found some great strains that I forgot I had! I have seeds that I don't even know I have. How bad is that ...

So, yeah, I gotta get a grip. Let's see ... maybe 15 strains a year ... 50+ strains ... I'm falling behind.

:bongrip:

Here's what I found ...

DSCN80231.JPG

DSCN80281.JPG

DSCN80261.JPG

DSCN8024.JPG

DSCN80211.JPG

:straightface:

Bummer. I see the problem. All those seeds are on the wrong table.
I feel like those seagulls on Finding Nemo: "MINE! MINE! MINE! :rofl:

Nice stuff, I've been thinking about your Y Griega recently. How is it smoking?

Back
Top Bottom