Graytail's 3rd: 4x4, HiBrix, Latest LED Tech, Lots Of Light!

Hiyas, Photos, I've been seeing you around. ::ciao:

But yeah, this grow is kaput. I should just have it moved to Completed.

I gotta get my rear in gear and get things rolling again, but it's sure been good to take a break. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:Namaste:

Yo Gray,
I totally understand the benefits of taking a break. :clap:
Regroup and repeat. I learned so much just sitting on the sidelines.
It made me hungry to come back and improve.
It also helped me make the leap to DBHBB.
When your new journal comes about, I will be sitting there with a bag of canna corn on your left.:popcorn:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

I'd like some advice from my fellow growers. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I got a $50 voucher from Gorilla Seeds for my NOTM win and I've been waiting to get the notice ... when out of the blue, they run a flash sale - 30% off more than 200 strains :yahoo: check 'em out!

Anyway, I had planned to get a 5-pak of Rainbow Jones (GDP x Casey Jones (Oriental Express x ECSD)) from Connoisseur Genetics at $81.17. But it's not one of the strains in the flash sale. :straightface: Boo.

They do have 5-paks of FlowerBomb Kush (Green Crack x OG) or Blueberry Headband (BB x 707 Headband) at $30.94

And I'm also looking at Purple Orange CBD (Agent O x L.S.D.) at $9.89 each.

Anyone have experience with these? What do you think I should do? I can just go ahead and get the Rainbows, which is what I really want, but I could get twice as much for less if I go with the ones on sale.

:hmmmm:

I already placed an order with Herbies for:

1 ... Y Griega (they're on clearance - get 'em before they're gone)
4 ... Carnival
1 ... 2046 (also on clearance)
1 ... SSSDH
1 ... Strawberry Sour Diesel
and their freebies
1 ... World Of Seeds Afghan Kush x Black Domina Seed
2 ... World Of Seeds Chronic Haze Feminised Seeds
5 ... Nicole Kush x Moroccan Regular Seeds

:bongrip:

Even using your certificate they will honor freebies and discounts if you ask... Canna got 5 autos on top of the order and they will cover stealth shipping without charging it against the certificate... Just sayin... I have only had Green Crack... But it is one of my all time favorite and easy to grow... I have some of the Blueberry Headband from something I won from Haze.IO but I haven't grown it yet... It will be in my next bean popping escapade...:) sooo we could both grow it and you could show me up as usual...:;): Sounds like the order you already have going is going to be amazing... I fantasize about shopping through your stash closet...:biglaugh::biglaugh:...:circle-of-love:

:yahoo: I can't offer any advice, but am stoked to see you jumping back in!
Whatever you choose, it will be epic!!!

Ay GT!
I see this thread is off life support. :)
Cant offer you much in terms of strains listed.
I am running a 707tb but its far from finished.
Based upon your track record, what ever you decide to run will be an instant classic around here.
Cheers!:goodluck:

Oh Graytail, try the Purple Orange CBD. Purple buds, a 2:1 ratio of CBD:THC (you know my thoughts on the CBD strains and your need to run one), 60% sativa (Ooooooo) ...... How do you say no to this one? I'd love to watch one come into maturity under your watchful eye. :battingeyelashes: :love: I'm thinking I need to try that one myself one of these days.

Anyway, that's my input. Have fun making the choices. :kisstwo:

I'd like some advice from my fellow growers. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I got a $50 voucher from Gorilla Seeds for my NOTM win and I've been waiting to get the notice ... when out of the blue, they run a flash sale - 30% off more than 200 strains :yahoo: check 'em out!

Anyway, I had planned to get a 5-pak of Rainbow Jones (GDP x Casey Jones (Oriental Express x ECSD)) from Connoisseur Genetics at $81.17. But it's not one of the strains in the flash sale. :straightface: Boo.

They do have 5-paks of FlowerBomb Kush (Green Crack x OG) or Blueberry Headband (BB x 707 Headband) at $30.94

And I'm also looking at Purple Orange CBD (Agent O x L.S.D.) at $9.89 each.

Anyone have experience with these? What do you think I should do? I can just go ahead and get the Rainbows, which is what I really want, but I could get twice as much for less if I go with the ones on sale.

:hmmmm:

I already placed an order with Herbies for:

1 ... Y Griega (they're on clearance - get 'em before they're gone)
4 ... Carnival
1 ... 2046 (also on clearance)
1 ... SSSDH
1 ... Strawberry Sour Diesel
and their freebies
1 ... World Of Seeds Afghan Kush x Black Domina Seed
2 ... World Of Seeds Chronic Haze Feminised Seeds
5 ... Nicole Kush x Moroccan Regular Seeds

I don't have any experience with these strains but the way I look at it is you should get the ones you really want assuming money isn't the main factor. With the amount of work, love, time and money that goes into growing out a plant 10 bucks more per plant to end up with the strain you really want doesn't seem like a bad trade off :thumb:

At least this is what I had to convince myself before I finally pulled the trigger on the GDP seeds :rofl:

Hope all is good in your world :passitleft:

graytail, can you name top 5 strains you've grown in kit soil please?

Fun question!

I've only grown in Kit soil, other than a run in mineralized and OC+, so it's a list of what I think would be the 5 best ...

Jamaican Dream. This was my first amazing strain - it's a winner - wonderfully fruity, nice up buzz with a comfortable relaxing finish, thick trich production, loves the Kit. I ran this 8-10 times, don' remember. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Super Lemon Haze. A surprisingly fast bloomer with one helluva punch and ... yup, thick trich production. I ran this one 3 times?

Carnival. This is my soul-herb. :love: It's exactly what I want in a strain. The above descriptions apply ... punch, thick trichs, etc.

White Panther. It's an overlooked strain and really deserves more people trying it. It's a fantastic plant in every way - fast bloomer, tons o' trichs, great yield! I described the smoke as vintage straight-up weed - wonderful social buzz, munchies, giggles, the works. :cheesygrinsmiley: I ran it a few times, as did PeeJay, and we both loved it.

Panama. Everyone should run an Ace Panama sometime in their grow lives. In Kit soil, it's a beast! :love: It's startlingly vigorous - something you'll notice right away - and it's a joy to watch. It seems to do everything slightly differently than other strains. For instance, it'll grow tons of buds with small slender calyxes all up and down the stems, and then it'll slow bloom and work on filling them out - like a 2-stage bloom. :slide:. Eventually, you end up with tons of thick swollen buds. And a lot of the phenos are colorful.

I also loved Destroyer, DrGrinspoon and Y Griega, but they're sold out now. :straightface: There are still some DrG fems left, though, and some Destroyer regs.

:Namaste::bongrip:

Thanks a lot, appreciate it. I'm growing a super lemon haze and you're right it's definitely a trich producer. Is carnival readily available? I've seen a lot of you growing it and it looks great.

Thanks a lot, appreciate it. I'm growing a super lemon haze and you're right it's definitely a trich producer. Is carnival readily available? I've seen a lot of you growing it and it looks great.

Carnival's readily available Boogyman. I've always ordered mine from Herbie's, but I know it's available from other seed banks. Highly recommended. I have a community thread running on the strain and we've a group of cultivators getting ready to do their first harvests. I'm looking forward to their smoke reports. :laughtwo:

Well, I decided to go with a 3-pak of Purple Orange CBD and a 3-pak of Raspberry Diesel by Humboldt.:slide: The sale distracted me. :laugh: I don' really want 5 seeds anyway. So, Ima pass on the spendy Rainbow Jones for now.

Which, ahem, brought to mind the ever present battle against adding to the seed collection. Sheesh. I can only grow maybe 8 strains at a time and I want to run at least a clone of each, so if I keep collecting strains I'll never make it! :laugh:

Which brought to mind all the seeds I already have ... :straightface: It's a lot. More than I thought. Like ... dozens of strains. :straightface:

And it occurred to me that a lot of y'all may be in the same boat. How many do you have? Anyone with over a hundred? That's kinda spooky - our own little seed shops. :laugh: We may not have quantity, but we have a helluva selection.

Back
Top Bottom