Vegging in Greenhouse and Flowering Outside?

flexy123

Here is the situation:

I am having some plants in a greenhouse here in Spain, under grow lights at 18/6 for vegging.
All BUT two plants are autos so light cycles won't matter for them, but two of the seeds are "feminized", non auto.

(For various reasons it would be difficult to switch to a 12/12 flowering light schedule in the greenhouse later, there are other plants in the greenhouse as well that need 18/6 lights, I can't make an entire dark area in the GH, amongst other concerns)

My idea is now to have all plants in the greenhouse at 18/6 vegging and then when the two feminized seeds are "ready" to put those two plants outside the greenhouse, up on the sunroof.

This would be in FALL, here in Spain. We don't have frost and it never gets really "cold" here.

Sunlight hours here in Spain are like 12:30 hrs for September and the shortest would be 9:30 hrs in December. I am just wondering whether this would work. Putting the plants up on the sunroof seems like a better option to me than having them stay in the GH and not getting a "proper" dark cycle.

Another option would possibly be to get a small extra flowering grow tent and a 3rd light that'll run at 12/12, but only if I really need to. (If I can I want to avoid having to get an extra tent & light)

That would work :thumb: But why not leave them on the roof now?

Way, WAY too hot in Summer. (Talking about 110F-117F at noon in the sun like this month...) I had peppers up there already, everything up there died, even in the shade. The other thing is that the cats have access to the sunroof but they can't get into the GH.

Back
Top Bottom