vent ing your grow space

tat2gee

What cfm fan do you recomend to cool off a 400watt hps light? my dimension are 2by 2 by 6.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

that's a very small space for a 400 watt light. normally I would say maybe around 100 cfm. But, I'm thinking maybe something bigger to keep that light from overheating that grow space.

The Compact Cooling Fan System exhausts hot air directly from indoor lighting systems to keep lights cool, protected and working well. It's designed to work with systems from 100 to 400 watts and moves 100 CFM. Built for the Sunburst lighting systems.

I would probally go with a 180 cfm fan to be safe.

A constant supply of fresh air is imperative to your plants' well being. Vent fans are used to regulate temperature and humidity in your greenhouse or indoor garden and should be able to completely refresh your room's air in five minutes or less. This 180 CFM fan can refresh the air in a room up to 900 cubic feet (Approximately 10.5'x10.5'x8').

you can find these fans here simply do a search for cfm fan in the search bar

A/C would work better, lol.
No matter what size fan he goes with there will be heat issues with a 400 watter in such a confine space. Its possible because I have done it but the temp stayed in the high 80s to low 90s.

Back
Top Bottom