Ventilation Etc.

Eerohuana

Hey All! Long-time lurker, first time poster. I've read the Grow Bible and learned a lot off of here, and I got things figured out, I think. Few questions still though.

I'm thinking of purchasing the 5'-5'-7' and the 2'-2'-6' jardin tents. Is the smaller tent going to be big enough for 2 indica-dom mothers and several clones? I have two 600W lights w/ aircooled hoods I'd like to run in the big tent for flowering. I'm not sure on lighting in the littler tent, probably some cfl's. Anyways can I use one exhaust fan to cool the two lights, and the two tents? Will using seperate fans for the hoods and environment be needed, especially for the hot Michigan summers? Please help I'd like to get this going ASAP.:grinjoint:

The small tent will indeed be large enough to hold your mamas & clones.
t5ho lighting would be an excellent choice for that tent...

For the exaust, yes you can use one fan for the two 600s. You'll need to daisy chain the two reflectors with duct work and install the fan so it pulls air off the lights and exausts it rather than pushinig air onto the lights. The cool down will be more efficient that way....
For fan size you're going to need at least an 8" inline in the 700cfm+ range to get control of the heat. Maybe even a 10" if you have bad heat problems.
You'll find it easier to cool those lights if they have their own air duct seperate from the air control for the plants but it will also be fine if you suck air from the tent and thru the reflector and out the exaust. I also recommend running your lights at night to take advantage of cool night air to cool the lights if you're pulling the air from outside.

This thread is a review thread I have on some reflectors but it has good pics of running two lights with one fan. I'm using two 430 watt lights and an 8" CAP fan..
MelonHead by Advanced Nutrients-The Reflector w/ a 100% Money Back Lifetime Guarantee

Back
Top Bottom