Ventilation

homegrower

Hey :420: !!! been a couple years since i have grown anything worth growing :laughtwo: im just about done building a custom grow box with a SOG screen in it for my gf since i just enjoy growing and harvesting. my box size is 6'x20"x20" ill be using a 10 gallon pot and my 2" mesh screen is 2'6" off the ground. i picked up an LED light at a garage sale the other day, LED light measures 16"x8" wattage is unknown but i definitely cant look at it. inside of the box is lined with silver Mylar. i have two 120mm high flow fans coming in a few days, my question is what size inlet should i have at the bottom? also should i have multiple inlets instead of just one large one?

If planning on a passive vent it is normally double the size of the extraction/exhaust fan so 120 mm by 240 mm vent should be fine perhaps 2 of them for good measures.

As you got 2 x 120 mm fans arriving soon one would be for exhaust/extraction with carbon filter fitted i would guess but assuming the other fan would be for intake air then a single port/hole of 120 mm diameter at the base of the box would just fine.

Back
Top Bottom