Lighting question - First time grow

Ir0nlung

Hi. I have made a grow box and the dimensions are 3 ft high 1 1/2 ft wide and 2 ft deep. I am going to try a combo of LED lights with T5s. I am just wondering what size of LED unit to get. I am completely new to growing so I dont want to get to big a unit that wont fit in my box or light burn the leaves.

Have a look at one of the forum sponsors site - Mars , Led grow light , Mars Hydro plenty of led panels to choose from also look at light foot print mentioned ya get a good idea of area coverage as well :thumb:

Mmm ye bigger box would help a lot once you factor in plant size plus stretch in first few weeks of flowering & safe hanging distance from bulbs/ led panel used !

Build your own $80.
420-magazine-mobile1341923175.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Thats a real small box. You asking for trouble. Id go min 5' in height and give 4 square feet floor space min. The smaller the box the harder it will be to have good environment. You want minimum 400w of true power to grow a mmj plant other wise you are wasting time in my opinion. Light and environment are the 2 most important factors when growing.

But no matter what lights you use....we see lumens and thats how we judge but plants actually use the kelvins (heat signature) and the general rule of thumb is 6-6500k for veg and 2700-4000k for flower.

Cfl's work great for boxes due to their low heat.

Led's need more room and put off slightly higher heat.

Boxes can be tricky with maintaining proper temp and rh without proper ventilation.

Hope that helps. Happy growing

Oh I thought the box would be a good size, I have seen videos of people growing in pc towers and empty audio speakers. Ok I will try and get my hands on a fridge and convert that

It depends on if you want a harvest or some tiny pieces of bud. You can grow under anything but i recommend no less than 400w per square meter for a plant that will give some decent bud.
Hey cultivator for a 3x3 tent I have two 300w led panels and four 2ft t5cfl's is that adequate lighting or do I need more

420-magazine-mobile458194939.jpg
420-magazine-mobile893471669.jpg
420-magazine-mobile842991800.jpg

Here's what I've been growing mine in. 2 t5s 2 cool led and
2 warm led. Total wattage isn't enough yet. Adding more for the next grow. Grown in soil, organic worm castings and compost through veg and feed tiger bloom through flower. Is the size of my box causing the plant not to bush out or is it maybe just the strain. I was told it was a blue dream, but not so sure. My net one is a lemon pie. Hoping for a better looking plant. Any suggestions? Oh, box size is 3.5x3.5 feet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

It might be a little larger than that. Maybe 4x4. I should probably measure it. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T337A using 420 Magazine Mobile App

3ft certainly is a limited space. CFLs could work? As others have said, you need good airflow to maximise your plants potential.
Mind you, I'd say it COULD be done- but you'd really have to get 'dwarf' plants, and learn a bit about micro-growery.
Have you seen those buds grown in shot glasses? Micro-growery is cool, but of course you just don't get high yields.

I'd highly advise a small tent to avoid you running into future problems, I have a 2nd drying/veg tent ,Hydroshoot 60, which is 2ft x 2ft x 5ft high. That size would be fine. I use a Mars Hydro 300w, cost about $80 shipped from eBay. Tent was around the same price. It works great. but I have air in and out. Before I got that I did scorch plants under LED.
Good luck with your grow!

I have a box that is 5 feet by 6 feet long. By 3 feet wide. It's fine keep doing what you are doing sounds fine. But a taller box be ideal about 6 feet

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Back
Top Bottom