Ventillation

kmthking420x

i dont fully understand this concept does this mean if i had a grow room that it would have to be connected to outside air or do this just mean i would need a couple fans moving air around?.peace

Ideally, you want a fan (intake) to bring in fresh outside air and another fan (exhaust) to take out all stale air that the plants have used all of the co2 from. Having a fan blowing on the plants themselves to strengthen and thicken stalks is also a good idea if the low intake fan doesnt already do this for you.

okay so let me get this straight, lets say X represents fan, = represents duct and + represents my light would it be like this

(intake)X==+++==X(exahust) but how would that really help the heat since its just passing right by the light? i guess since most heat generated by they light would be gone? but how would that help near the plants and or the rest of the grow room?.peace

From what I've done buildling computers, I'd say put the exhaust near your light so that it sucks all the hot air out. Might not be the most effecient for airflow, but it should keep your temps cooler.

Also, on a related question, what size fans are you looking for? How much air are we trying to move? And how does good ventilation effect smell (close to the plant and wherever your exhaust comes out)?

okay cool thanks stix and btw i dont think i posted in your grow but that room was off the hook, and how much did you yield from thosse.peace

Here's some pics of my ventilation system. Starting with the exhaust all the way through to the intake. Any questions? Feel free to ask.

room_001.jpg

room_002.jpg

room_003.jpg

room_004.jpg

I'll post a couple more pics of the intake And carbon filter later.

Air cooled hoods are the bomb but they don't bring fresh air to the plants.

The intake should be down low, next to the floor, the exhaust should be up high near on on the ceiling, ideally on opposite sides of the grow room.

Besides supplying fresh air, ventilation helps prevent mold.

Back
Top Bottom