Ventilation Help for newbie

mcadamjw

So I have seen tons of post regarding this however I am just not getting it. I dont want to put my fan inside the tent and I also want the carbon filter outside just not comfortable with the weight.

I have a small 6in booster fan that I have connected with ducting to the bottom of the tent and this is just blowing cool air into the bottom of the tent. I think this is needed but maybe I am wrong but I have that hooked up now. This is a smaller fan although its 6in its not as heavy or loud as the other fan which pretty much moves a lot of air. Does it sound like this booster fan is set up correct? I think this is correct but just want confirmation.

On to the real issue that I dont get, I think I have the first fan is correct but please let me know if it sounds incorrect.

Also on the outside of the tent on the same side as my intake fan, I have a 6in Carbon Filter that is sitting with the open side facing up and the opposite side of the filter is basically the legs that I am using to keep this standing up on its own. I have connected the exhaust fan directly to the filter but not sure which side of the fan should be connected, is it the side with all the air coming out or the side with nothing coming out?

Side of tent opening has ducting coming in running to the light. ducting on opposite side of light leading directly out the side of tent and connected to fan and fan is connected to filter.

so basically at mid level of tent:
Ducting In Connected to>Light Connected to>Ducting running out the side of tent to>Fan connected directly to>Filter

Bottom of tent:
6in booster Fan connected to ducting pushing air into tent. Does this sound correct? Can the intake fan and the exhaust fan be on the same side of the tent as each other or does this not matter? Am I cleaning the air correctly and cooling the lights as they should?

Ok you have a issue that shouldnt be that hard to fix. In my experience with exhausting and filtering it is important that the filter be hung inside the tent at the end of your ducting run. Air is to bepulled through the filter then throught the light then outside of the tent you can place your fan. the fan needs to suck air out and all air exiting will be scrubbed and clean.

The 6" inch booster fan is not really necessary. Your one exhaust fan should be enough to pull enough air in to the tent passively.

If you need some help i will be glad to walk you through it.

Back
Top Bottom