Very Bushy LST- week into flower, advise on trimming/pruning undergrowth

radmichelle

Hey guys! I've read and read about LST and pruning and there are some debates between cutting branches and stripping all below, removing light blocking- This is my first LST but not new to growing, just wondering- This plant is 1 week into flower, have plenty of growing lateral tops, I've kept the plant below a foot in height, so the lower canopy is pretty dense, I know my pruning time limit is approaching now that i'm beginning second week of flower- so would just like so feed back- im with most on leaving my fan leaves, but there are definitely some secondary branching going on below the canopy line.
I can snap some better shots if needed. Hows does it look?
thanks again! xo
9323.jpg
8422.jpg

Hey guys! I've read and read about LST and pruning and there are some debates between cutting branches and stripping all below, removing light blocking- This is my first LST but not new to growing, just wondering- This plant is 1 week into flower, have plenty of growing lateral tops, I've kept the plant below a foot in height, so the lower canopy is pretty dense, I know my pruning time limit is approaching now that i'm beginning second week of flower- so would just like so feed back- im with most on leaving my fan leaves, but there are definitely some secondary branching going on below the canopy line.
I can snap some better shots if needed. Hows does it look?
thanks again! xo
9323.jpg
8422.jpg

You have no pruning limit. I do not usually defoliate. That plant will eventually need it. At his point I would take all leaves that are getting wet due to the proximity of another leaf. Leaving these can promote disease. When the plant is put in to flower I would take all leaves that are blocking bud sites and or causing condensation on other leaves. This of course is only the way I would do it... any way will work to varying degrees. Any way it is done there will only be buds where there is light.

Personaly I am now a firm believer in defoliting since having my first few attempts of it during my current grow. Its realy helped things.
Way I see it is any leaves blocking bud sites that would have light if those leaves weren't there's chop them off.

yeah, the growth is really dense with how compact this plant is- I just tried to really tuck some away and cut a few useless branches underneath about an hour after I watered, will snap some photos next time they come out. Alex do you have any before and after shots or how tall do you let your plants get to

Mate I don't sorry my current grow is a scrog I'm sure ur familiar with the term.
Well I do have a few piks actually of my defol but its in a scrog setup.
1st pik is before defol
2nd is straight after
3rd is 2 days later
Not the best set of piks for u there a bit t close up but theyr best I have for u. My previous grows I let grow like christmas trees untouched
IMG01068-20130510-1311.jpg
IMG01071-20130512-1800.jpg
IMG01080-20130514-1602.jpg

If you click on my grow link below tomorrow evening youl see tomorrows piks that are a further week on from the last one iv just posted u. Defoliation iv found definately helps focus a plants energy were we want it

Hey alex great pics, and great grow, very interesting read.

I just thought i'd throw in an update about how these guys have been growing
IMG_20130524_213604.jpg

11837.jpg
IMG_20130524_212852.jpg
IMG_20130524_214657.jpg
IMG_20130524_214755.jpg

Back
Top Bottom