Water chiller questions

Baja Big Dog

Thinking of a 1/4 HP chiller, question is has anyone used the chiller for dual purpose, that is ...

Running a light radiator..

And also using it to cool the resi...

One issue would be running the nuted water through the chiller?

And thoughts?

Yes I did search, but didnt find anything...not saying it aint there, but I couldnt find it!!

I also have been looking into this, you do not want to run your nute water through the chiller. What you want to do is get some copper tubing as it conducts cool very well and run the chiller water through it without using the res water. Know what Im saying. check out Ice House Distribution, they are super $$$ but can explain how to do it.

I'd be concerned about using copper and solder in my grow tank. I don't know that it's bad, but I don't know it isn't and most folks stay with plastic.

Cheers

I thought the same thing, when you read about the chillers, most claim to have titanium cores, but after researching, it is the fish people that are concerned about the use of copper, if you think about it, most of our homes have copper pipes that supply water through out the house!!!

But I like you, will await to educated by these fine folks!!!:bong:

Most of the new chillers use titanium because it conducts more heat. There are different kinds of chillers. The TEC chillers (thermo electric) has a end that goes into the water to chill it. That usually seems to be copper. The other chillers (like the one I ordered) use a titanium heat exchanger. Copper is safe for your reservoir as far as I know. If it were not then alot of folks plants would be in danger already because of the copper pipes that carry the water in older houses.

Edit
LOL Baja beat me to the post.

Most of the new chillers use titanium because it conducts more heat. There are different kinds of chillers. The TEC chillers (thermo electric) has a end that goes into the water to chill it. That usually seems to be copper. The other chillers (like the one I ordered) use a titanium heat exchanger. Copper is safe for your reservoir as far as I know. If it were not then alot of folks plants would be in danger already because of the copper pipes that carry the water in older houses.

Edit
LOL Baja beat me to the post.

Caught me early!! No smoke yet, give it another hour or so, and ...well you know!!:roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom