Water Question

DaMunchieMan

420 Member
I'm not sure where to ask this question so I decided to ask it here. Where I live the water is absolutely wretched. It is very very hard water. I rent and do not have the ability to put in a RO system. I've come across the filters that you can put on your faucet but my guess is the amount of water I would need to water my plants I would go broke in filters. I have read in different posts that some people take their water and let it sit with air stones for a while before using it. What exactly does that do and would that be an option to help my water? The only other options I see are using distilled water which would be another wallet breaker or we have water machines around town to fill up jugs.

An airstone will do absolutely nothing for hard water.
If you can get your hands on a $20 EC/PPM/TDS meter, it would be interesting to know just how hard your water is (i.e. a number).
GH has a special version of their FloraMicro fertilizer ("FloraMicro Hardwater") for use with water over 250 PPM.
I think most people buy RO water in jugs, like at Wall-Mart. That seems to work.
Good luck and have fun.

I use a stealth RO system with the original filters still at 25-~ ppm. Now that's not heavy use but if you keep the the unit in the dark where stuff can't grow in the filters they have an exceptionally good lifespan. In short, I should conclude, you should spring for an RO system. It will help.

I have a stealth RO system also and it still has the original filters that I use to keep a 10 and 20 reservoir going for a year now and the ppm is still at 10.
This system pays for itself in no time and beats the hell out dragging water jugs home all the time.

I have the same problem. Really hard water. But beyond that the water from municipalities is filled with prescription drugs and all sorts of nastiness. Without going into detail I believe many of societies health problems are caused by environmental factors and city water is one of those factors. Now with that said I don't want to dig a well, partially purify city water, or build a distillery. I just want to know what's the best water to use as far as purity and health of the plants. I'm assuming spring water bought at the local grocer. The particular brand I bought goes through ozonation.

The reason this question is important is because I use cannabis medicinally as well as recreationally. It's important what I put into my body so it's important what I put into my plants that I put into my body.

Thoughts?

Without going into detail I believe many of societies health problems are caused by environmental factors and city water is one of those factors. Now with that said I don't want to dig a well, partially purify city water, or build a distillery. I just want to know what's the best water to use as far as purity and health of the plants. I'm assuming spring water bought at the local grocer. The particular brand I bought goes through ozonation. The reason this question is important is because I use cannabis medicinally as well as recreationally. It's important what I put into my body so it's important what I put into my plants that I put into my body. Thoughts?

I wish I had an answer but we get fresh spring water from the ground. One of the (undervalued) benefits of living rural.

Back
Top Bottom