Watering/Feeding?

SourSkunkD

using ffof out of the bag no added perlite. lately ive been seeing some of my fan leaves folding downward. been told could be a watering issue. so my questions are 1 how often? 2 how much? as of now i water when the plant gets dry, but ive been told drying out too much can cause problems. so please before i do some hard damage can anyone help out.

temp low 80s(D) 60-70s(N) close to a 2 mnths old from clone. RH ~35%. i read theres should always be around 10% runoff after eery watering, but should i always mix all my ferts and additives together every time?

SourSkunkD said:
temp low 80s(D) 60-70s(N) close to a 2 mnths old from clone. RH ~35%. i read theres should always be around 10% runoff after eery watering, but should i always mix all my ferts and additives together every time?

Personally, I feed about three times a month. Water when needed which indoors should be every 2-3 days. Outdoors in summer, it's always everyday for larger plants and every other for small ones.

Easiest method to determine when to water is the LIFT method. Lift the pot after watering and note the weight. Then lift again after about 3-4 days indoors. Note the difference. When the plant starts showing signs of drying out, lift again and note the weight.

The difference in say a 5 gallon pot can be several pounds, so it is a very effective way to judge water content of the soil.

Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forum Runner

Cannabis plants prefer a regular watering cycle, but should preferably not be watered every day. Water provides the hydrogen necessary for plant growth and also carries the nutrients throughout the plant.Although the Cannabis plant loves lots of water, the most common cause of death in homegrown plants is from overwatering them. The ideal water for your plants should have a neutral pH and be relatively free of chlorine and other harmful chemicals. Never allow the soil to become too dry, but never allow it to be constantly wet either.It is always better to use water at room temperature than warm or cold water, to prevent "shocking" the root system. A good sign to water your plants is when the top five or six centimeters of the soil in the pot has dried out completely.

Always water into the pot from above, rather than by filling the tray underneath and letting the plant suck up the water. Whereas a small plant growing in a big pot will only require weekly watering, a big plant growing in a small pot may require daily watering.
It has been suggested that by limiting the watering during flowering, you can positively influence the potency of the plant. During flowering, you should check how long after watering your plants start wilting, and then regularly water them one day sooner.

Thanks bro. I didn't think colder water can shock the root system like that. Polly could been another reason my other plant had went hemi.

Cannabis plants prefer a regular watering cycle, but should preferably not be watered every day. Water provides the hydrogen necessary for plant growth and also carries the nutrients throughout the plant.Although the Cannabis plant loves lots of water, the most common cause of death in homegrown plants is from overwatering them. The ideal water for your plants should have a neutral pH and be relatively free of chlorine and other harmful chemicals. Never allow the soil to become too dry, but never allow it to be constantly wet either.It is always better to use water at room temperature than warm or cold water, to prevent "shocking" the root system. A good sign to water your plants is when the top five or six centimeters of the soil in the pot has dried out completely.

Always water into the pot from above, rather than by filling the tray underneath and letting the plant suck up the water. Whereas a small plant growing in a big pot will only require weekly watering, a big plant growing in a small pot may require daily watering.
It has been suggested that by limiting the watering during flowering, you can positively influence the potency of the plant. During flowering, you should check how long after watering your plants start wilting, and then regularly water them one day sooner.

Good points! :thumb:

This is why I always recommend that new growers use the "LIFT" method to determine how much water is in the pot by weight. Allowing the soil to dry out is a vital part of the watering cycle too. The roots need oxygen from the air just as much as they need the water from your can.

Since the evapotranspiration is so much less indoors, the watering schedule SHOULD be considerably less often. I water my indoor plants about once every 4-5 days, but the same plant/pot outside in the summer and even now in Fall usually requires DAILY watering.

Even different varieties dry out slightly faster. My God bud doesn't use as much water as my Northern Lights.

I use the lift method also. and water when the pots get light.

I just checked and 2 plants out of 9 needed water, their in their 4th week of flowering.

would like help with good phosphorus (heavy) tea for later stage flowering. I am currently top feeding with bone meal and bat guano. High pk ratings will help to harden fruit I have been told. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

heres the thing, fox farm ocean forest is extremly rich and can be hot for young plants as well as muddy and deplete oxygen exchange in root ball. recommended that you also, reduce the amount of food you use. with this soil, u can actually just water for the 1st month of growth during veg, at the most water in enzymes bimonthly. controlled water is key, in the essence of just enough to moisten but not saturate; otherwise you will experience stalls. perlite would have diffused this isssue. as far as you mixing your soup, ive always felt that it is better to phase your components in; instead of mass soup. this will always allow you more control. and thats what its really about at the end of any day. hope it helps.

im glad somebody brought this topic up as im a newbie to growing ive wonderd sometimes about watering feeding my plant .my question is do you always use nutrients when you water your plants say every 3 days or do you feed it just plain ph water then 3 days later add some nutes into the water etc? ive been feeding my plants water with the added nutes every 3 days but now im in the 3rd week of flowering after a very long vegging period my nutrients are becoming low and i dont have much money to play around with .would i be able to feed just water now till the end of the flowering cause i read somwhere the big fan leaves stores alot of the nutes and my babies has a very large amount of fan leaves .thanks

Back
Top Bottom