Week 5 Nutes - Indoor Grow - Lemon 60 & Trans Siberian in Fox Farm Ocean Forest

Shadow Cat

Good evening, brothers and sisters. Forgive this oft-asked question, but I've done a lot of searching and thus far have found conflicting advice/information. Here goes:

For medicinal purposes I am attempting my first simple soil grow using auto seeds. Specs as follows:
One (1) Lemon 60 Day auto
One (1) Trans Siberian auto

Three gallon pots using straight Fox Farm Ocean Forest (FFOF). (Next time I will try cutting it with Happy Frog and or perlite since that seems to be common advice here and elsewhere.)

400W 18 CFL (a combination of 23W and 40W, 2700K and 6300K)

My temp range is about 82 degrees F (lights on) to about 70 (lights off). Best I can do with my resources, but my RH ranges 45%-60%, and that seems okay.

Nutes: GH Flora Series, although I've only used a bit of FloraGro. That was the beginning of Week 5 (four days ago. I've since watered once with regular tap water), before I learned that FFOF is "hot" out of the bag.

Okay. So I sowed directly to soil. FFOF seems to run hot according to the vets, but I got lucky and both seeds cracked. After what seemed like a slow start I am now midway through Week 5. The Lemon is about 16" tall, and has more "bushiness" then the Trans-Siberian, which is now about 18" tall. Other than some slight heat stress in Week 4 things seem to be okay with both of my young ladies.

Now that I'm in pre-flower I have consulted this entry: Life cycle of autoflowering cannabis

So do y'all think I'm okay add a little bit of FloraGro every other watering as the linked post suggests? Or does FFOF have enough N as it is, and I should wait until vertical growth stops and feed FloraBloom starting in Week 7?

All I know is I'm gonna have to feed my girls sometime, and that the "buffer" in my medium means that I should not pH my water. Any advice is appreciated, and I thank you for reading!:thanks:

Bummer no one chimed in on this one before this. FFOF is nor actually "hot". It is my favorite medium and I grow only autos. OF needs no nutes through veg and I usually get away with only 2 doses of bloom nutes. One downside to FFOF is that is seems to lose the ability to buffer about 1/2 way through flower. You always want to ph to about 6.5.

Rather than type out a long set of instructions, I will give you this link. I followed this for my first grow and ended up winning POTM.

This is NOT a perfect system and I have modified it to work better for me, but it is a great start.

Bongtastic's Beginner's Guide to Autoflowering Cannabis

Back
Top Bottom