Weight Question

csujmtd9

I just moved to a new area and through some friends I met my contact. I have done 2 deals with this person, each time for 1/2 oz. The first time the weight was a little little light (maybe a gram or so), this second time the weight was off by a little more than that. It is really good stuff and this guy is a friend of my friends so i don't want to be a dick about it.

What is the best way to address this issue?

I don't want to pull out my scale right in front of him and cause trouble, but then again i don't want to get fucked over.

Back when I used to sell (pre-2000), I got pissed when someone whipped out a scale.
Because I always gave full weight, in fact I usually put a gram or 2 extra in (cause I'm a nice guy).
Especially 1 time. I weighed in IN FRONT of the customer on my triple-beam (old school here). Then, when I handed it to him, he brings out one of those compact electronic scales and re-weighs it.
One of those el cheap-o models, which says on the package "+ or - 5 grams".
I could read the display and his scale showed 4 grams short.
"It's short" he says.
I didn't feel like getting into a confrontation so I tossed an extra nug on the scale.
And never sold to him again.

That's the thing. I like his stuff a lot, and want to keep getting it. My scale is pretty accurate within a gram or less, so I am not nitpicking him at all. I was thinking about just saying something like "Hey I just got this new scale, mind if I try it out?"

Also is the price right for what you're getting? I know he shouldn't say it's a certain amount and then give you less than that, but if it's cheaper than normal it would balance out.

csujmtd9 said:
I just moved to a new area and through some friends I met my contact. I have done 2 deals with this person, each time for 1/2 oz. The first time the weight was a little little light (maybe a gram or so), this second time the weight was off by a little more than that. It is really good stuff and this guy is a friend of my friends so i don't want to be a dick about it.

What is the best way to address this issue?

I don't want to pull out my scale right in front of him and cause trouble, but then again i don't want to get fucked over.

A polite way to drive the point home is to say that you split that last bag with a friend and it was short on his digital scale. You might tell him that between gas and time you took to get it, that you took a beating on the split. Be cool about it.
If he's a decent guy he'll recognize you're a new and good customer and he'll watch out to cut your bags right, if he's a dirtbag he'll get angry or tell you to get it elsewhere which in that case might be the best thing for you....:peace:

its totally not unprofessional to bring your own scale to a transaction. you wouldnt show up to a gun fight without your gun would you?

it depends on the price, if he's skimping you and taking a lot of money on the price then tell him yo i need a half ounce but this time could you weigh it for me first because last time i weighed it out and it wasn't right...i just want to know what i'm buying if you want to take a gram and sell it at the same price i'll take it just keep it real with me. Unless this is a friend of a friend which is like a middleman thug cuz if you say some shit like that you might find yourself in trouble. So if that just keep going to him or stop going to him thats your only options.

Back
Top Bottom