Weird leaf coloring?

GrowInTheDark

I have a plant that suddenly started discoloring, at the base of one leaf, any ideas? p.s that is just some soil i spilled on the leaves.
20151122_082046_1_.jpg

Is this indoor or outdoor? It kinda looks like burn from water droplets left on leaves under an indoor lamp. It's hard to tell in this picture. Because it's not even discoloration, it's more likely an external thing than something going on with the whole plant.

its indoor, along with 4 others under 4 100 watt cfl bulbs ,with ventilation and a foiller feed every 2 days, i never thought of it as water burn because my other plants are great and i soak the leaves just as much.

It's not bright enough light, I think, then, yeah to be burning it. Has it changed any? or stayed the same?

the same, i havent changed it, but i just recently started foiller feeding, so your assumption makes sense, although i wonder why its only one plant.

You have another picture in another thread where you've got one leaf that's slightly like bleached out in spots, like it got brushed very gently with a bleachy rag - this happens to my lower leaves sometimes and I seem to think it's magnesium based - I usually add the CaMg to my reservoir when I see it, and it usually doesn't appear on other leaves after that.

You're in soil? Can you do the epsom salts thing? That has a lot of magnesium. I wouldn't stress though unless it gets worse, like over a whole row of leaves.

This particular discoloration - maybe it's the picture - it's so intense, I wouldn't have thought Mag, but combined with that other leaf in one of your other threads, I might think that.

You have another picture in another thread where you've got one leaf that's slightly like bleached out in spots, like it got brushed very gently with a bleachy rag - this happens to my lower leaves sometimes and I seem to think it's magnesium based - I usually add the CaMg to my reservoir when I see it, and it usually doesn't appear on other leaves after that.

You're in soil? Can you do the epsom salts thing? That has a lot of magnesium. I wouldn't stress though unless it gets worse, like over a whole row of leaves.

This particular discoloration - maybe it's the picture - it's so intense, I wouldn't have thought Mag, but combined with that other leaf in one of your other threads, I might think that.

if you mean this one,
20151122_074039_1_.jpg
, the bottom leaves started dying off cause of overwatering and fungus gnats.i repotted it and it is doing better, here is what it looked like 1 week ago
20151113_072420_1_.jpg

Have new 900 w led lights in 5x5 tent. My leaves turn yellow with like green veins going thru them. It starts with plants very tips getting white or brown. Then side points on leaves get white like power on them. Leaves look like they have white going on in the leaves color. Then fan leaves turn yellow with green veins first. In first week of flower and I want to recover from this leaf color issue. HELP or ideas Just used cal-mag!

Have new 900 w led lights in 5x5 tent. My leaves turn yellow with like green veins going thru them. It starts with plants very tips getting white or brown. Then side points on leaves get white like power on them. Leaves look like they have white going on in the leaves color. Then fan leaves turn yellow with green veins first. In first week of flower and I want to recover from this leaf color issue. HELP or ideas Just used cal-mag!

Do you have any pics? It sounds like either a nitrogen deficiency or a light burn, how close is your lights and what are you using?

The lower leaf problems in the past look like problems from watering too often.
I also see the beginnings of a micronutrient deficiency. It doesnt look like drops of water causing a burn to me, because of how it is distributed on those top fan leaves. That combined with the leaf twisting and the light color of the new growth, and I am suspecting that your pH is just a bit high and that you are not picking up one or more of the heavy metals.

Of note here...Leaves do not repair. They grow once and are done. They can be unnecessarily used up early by the plants because of deficiencies and start to yellow like autumn too early after they were just fine. So which leaves are bad and how they are bad gives a lot of clues. Emilya's point of how and where matters. If it is lower leaves only... the problem may be gone.

In this case it looks like leaves from a while back had issues and now they are looking better. So let her dry out and just add water for a while and you are probably going to be okay.

The earlier pick looked a bit like Phosphor deficiency but now look more like Ph issues. Ph problems can cause any Nute to lock out so you can have any problem. You may have had some lockout early on that you have since cleared out and are now getting it right. Since you are growing in soil you should only be adding water for a while.

Lastly...it is quite common for early plants to have minor issues on the first 2 sets of leaves as they transition their chemistry at that stage of growth. Up to a point they are living off the seed nutes. Then they switch over to really taking on what is available. Sometimes the transition is hard on them.

thx guys but just to clarify lol, the second and third pic in my later posts arent the plant with this coloring issues(it did but it is better), i was just responding to a post in which somebody mentioned my other plant. Ive actually dried out the soil, and have checked the ph which was 7.9 and made a nute/lemon juice/water solution at 5.5 that brought it just under 7, and i am wondering about any deficiencies because for the last week ive been foiller feeding with nutrients in the water.

forget the soil pH reading... it is meaningless in this context. It changes over time from the very moment that you water, and a moment after you carefully measure it, it has changed some more. Soil pH drifts... that is what it is supposed to do, and what it is designed to do.

When you water at 6.5 pH and saturate your soil, picture in your mind how much water is now in that container. By volume, a good soil can hold 2/3 of the container size of your carefully pH adjusted water, suspended in that soil. At that moment it is physically impossible for the pH of your container to be anything other than that huge volume of water you just added.

If you land right at 6.5 every time, you are just short of the halfway point in the soil range of 6.3-6.8. This allows the suspension to pick up the heavy stuff that is only mobile at the more acidic levels in the beginning and then as the soil reacts to the water, the pH will rise, allowing you to sweep through the pH range between waterings and pick up all of the needed nutrients.

Why 6.5 you may ask? What do you think the pH is, inside the xylem of the plant? Yep, 6.5.

I think Emilya is right about the micronutrient deficiency - I see that in my leaves when my pH is too high (and binding up the phosphorous). I dunno why I was thinking Magnesium earlier - probably because I got high. >.>

I'm gonna butt out because she's here and knows infinitely more about soil :D

i really do like how fat your little stubby leaves are - they are just too perfect.

well i dont want to water them anymore right now, so what about a foiler feed? And what kind of micr0 deficiency would it have , i just want to fix it.

Back
Top Bottom