What are issues that growers have had with Ebb & Flow systems

I upped it to every four hours and added 2in to the flood level and they seemed to have improved, trying to see how they react to flooding every three hours today

I upped it to every four hours and added 2in to the flood level and they seemed to have improved, trying to see how they react to flooding every three hours today
With my kind led I had to go 30 minutes out of every 2 hours. But I have air bubbles under each plant .

Thanks depending on how they react to the three hours I may see how they do at 2hrs between floods because I think there’s room to improve considering that with The seedlings, the same strains in coco seem to be growing faster.

Learn more about how to grow your plants at home from this blog How Does Cannabis Hydroponics Work? | ARCannabis. I very much recommend it

There are two things that come to mind.
1. Light getting to the bottom of your flood table. Causes algae in no time.
2. My rule of thumb is when I add enough to off water to = half if what I began with it's time to change nutes. Otherwise you never know how much if each mineral the girls are eating, and this feeding regimen changes as they develope.
The only way I know for sure is to apply the above method. In flowering, the girls drink a lot-and perspire over 80% of what they drink through their leaves into the air in the form of humidity.
With our reservoirs, that usually puts us between day 7 and day 10 depending on their stage in flowering.

Good Luck!

1 of my questions is.
Do I really need to empty a 55 gallon reservoir every 7 to 10 days ( which would be really expensive) and put fresh water and nuets or can I go by my ppm meter and add according.
:passitleft:
Problem you’ll have figuring out what was used by the plant and what percentage did they use? I’ve been out of it awhile but, last I knew there was no way to figure that out. How many plants are you growing and how many gallons are the individual pots do you have?

I feel your pain. Each row is 32 plants and right at 60 gallons of nutes. So yea. Pricey.
Here's how I'd go about it. In flower, a fresh mixed batch is around 1100 -1200 ppm.
Each reservoir has auto top off using RO water.
When the ppm's drop to about half that, it gets changed. Usually that's around 10 to 12 days.
Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom