What are these? Help please

The pic that looks down on the plant, with the blue jug on the right, shows a plant that is under fed. That much yellow is far from normal. Molasses doesn't contain "salts". Salts are the synthetic/elemental form. Molasses is absolutely not a replacement for cal mag. (??)
When you do decide to flip her, she's gonna be really hungry. The yellowing can get serious and she might want what seems like a crazy amount of nutes. That seems to happen more with led's in my experience.

The pic that looks down on the plant, with the blue jug on the right, shows a plant that is under fed. That much yellow is far from normal. Molasses doesn't contain "salts". Salts are the synthetic/elemental form. Molasses is absolutely not a replacement for cal mag. (??)
When you do decide to flip her, she's gonna be really hungry. The yellowing can get serious and she might want what seems like a crazy amount of nutes. That seems to happen more with led's in my experience.
You are not correct. "Salts" do not only come from synthetic nutrients lol. How about organic acids like phosphoric, humid and fulvic? There are both organic and synthetic salts homie. There is also good salts and bad. Now, too much molasses in a soil leads to very bad outcomes including a very crusted top layer on the soil, very compacted soil and yes, if magnesium builds at the roots rhizosphere it will lockout other nutrients. Molasses is a good source of Magnesium yes but too much magnesium on it's own is no good. Nutrients like calcium and magnesium MUST be in a balance or certain ratio. The only difference between organic salts building up in a soil and synthetic salts building up in a soil is that usually microlife can recover overtime from organic salt buildup.
Organic soil amendments can build salts in a soil just like synthetic can. If anything, the original posters plant might be able to use some nitrogen.

@fanleaf you forced me to educate myself on some chemistry. We were both a little off. The organic acids you mentioned would need to be combined with a base including a metal ion. Such as phosphoric acid and cal mag. You were polite and professional with your counter point and I appreciate you taking another look at 780's yellow girl. Perhaps calcium nitrate then?

Another question for you guys....should i clean up my plant a bit? Ive seen some videos on people trimming the lower half of the plant so just the top canopy is remaining. Should i just leave it and let my plant continue to grow?

Attachments

• 20190224_161837.jpg
    20190224_161837.jpg
    491.4 KB · Views: 62
Back
Top Bottom