What are these little.

Re: What are these little...

those lil suckers are gross man. feel like I need a shower after looking at them. lol
when all else fails I use a hand held shop vac to suck the sobs off, then reapply "GoGnats" to kill any I have missed. I use the vacuum to remove what I can in an effort to help the poisons out and maybe kill the breeders.

Funny so do I. The shop vac comes in handy. I gave them a SafeSoap Dip and then let the roots chill in it while I cleaned out the box. I checked under a magnifying glass and they were definately dead. Fuckers! Cleaned them up nice and started flowering cycle last night. Hopefully everything is good. I'll be back! lol.

What the hell are these little Bastards and how do I get rid of them? Anybody know?
bugs.jpg

I didn't have time to read all the responses but I found a little more information if you don't have the problem takes care of. I actually found this info at Flea beetles | Cannabis Culture Magazine...

You described flea beetles. The adults eat leaves. They jump around so the damage is not as apparent as with caterpillars. Instead, the holes chewed in the leaves are smaller, but can be found throughout the plant. Their pupae live in the soil chewing on roots. The combination of attacks on the canopy and the roots severely damages the plant, leaving it vulnerable to attack by pathogens.

These insects can be eliminated using organic means. To knock down the population of adults feeding on the leaves as well as the pupae, use a pyrethrum spray and pyrethrum drench. Then use Botanigard, which is a myco-insecticide. The living fungus attacks insects, but is not interested in you or your pets.

Beneficial nematodes should be added to the soil. They will eat the pupae and eliminate any remaining pests before they mature.

:smokin::peace:

OK, I'm going to jump out the window! Unfortunately I live in a one story!
So I've been nursing some beautiful White Widow clones in my BBox and was going to swithch them over to the flower side when I discovered these little bastards all over a couple of my babies. The thing that really pisses me off is this is my other system. Aparently theve either contaminated it or my neighborhood is infested. I don't know. Take a look at these photos and tell me if these are APHIDS or what, Please! UG! I am so pissed right now! Once I make it through this I'll show you guys my Frankenbox. Frankinbox? I've made some alterations that are pretty cool. Anyway back to the vermin!

Nice way to start the day!
nice_widows.jpg
nice_roots.jpg

And then things went horribly wrong!

bug_4.jpg
bug_3.jpg

Smile for the camera you little sucker!
bug_5.jpg
bug_1.jpg

So you tell me APHIDS? or not. (I'm staying away from sharp objects at this point!) LOL!

Don't jump! LOL. Any problem can be resolved if you find the right information.

Just use google to find a good source for "Beneficial nematodes", since they seem to be the key for any organic pest control.
Hope this helps.
:rollit::peace:

Check this out seemed to be a lot of useful information on this link
Ed Rosenthal's Marijuana Grow Tips

They're breeding in the rockwool. That's where momma lays her eggs. Use that bio whatever. Safer soap ain't gonna do shit. You could try a layer of diatamaceous earth on top of the rockwool but it has to be dry to work and it won't be with that top feeding system.

Nasty lookin' little bastards. Have you tried a Tiger Torch? :0)

dam ...i just seen some of these guys floating in my tray while i was flooding it....i gotta get this situated as well as some other little fuckers...i hate bugs....

dam ...i just seen some of these guys floating in my tray while i was flooding it....i gotta get this situated as well as some other little fuckers...i hate bugs....

Are they the same as those in the picture above? Or just little, almost invisible bugs skittering around on the surface of the water?

Gotta know what they are before you try to get rid of them.

Let me know.

:peace:

Definitely aphids dude! GoNats works. Soak em a 2.7oz/gallon solution for a couple of minutes and run GoNats in system at 1-1.5oz/10 gallon of water. Re-add every reservoir change and they'll never come back.
GL

Are they the same as those in the picture above? Or just little, almost invisible bugs skittering around on the surface of the water?

Gotta know what they are before you try to get rid of them.

Let me know.

:peace:

yeah they are really little but look like those in the picture......

what should i use...

my system is flood and drain ....I use coco 40% and 60% perlite. House and Garden Nutes + CalMag. Veg under t5's , and flower under 600hps. RH in 12/12 is 30%-35%. ph is 5.8 and will let it rise to 5.99 at the most...

any other info needed pls let me know.

Back
Top Bottom