What are these?

Gfol

Hi - thanks for looking - not sure what these are:

- well into fourth week of blooming
- regular seeds not fem (Crop king blueberry)
- 2 males had been removed very early and before any came near to opening.
- one of these pods had a seed in it - not all.

See on middle of image - half way down and behind cut off stem...

Are these pollen sacs? Seeds? New buds?

Thanks

Gfol

They're female calyxes. Could be pollinated. Could be not. You'd have to open one to see.

That makes sense as one had a seed in it. Do they appear regardless of whether they have been fertilized or not? Or are they an indication that pollen was about?

If you see pollen sacs just pic em out with tweezers. It's still great looking weed :goodjob:. Cheers.
For more information check my thread about female seeds. There's a lot of great growers with awesome reputations that commented on it. Maybe they could shed more light on your situation then myself.

I just looked at the picture again and what your clearly looking at in the middle is two female organs that would hold a seed if pollinated. I'm 100% sure there are two little white hairs on those sacs. Here is a picture of a male pollen sac. I hope I helps.
DSCN0001_9_.JPG

They open up into an actual flower. You cannot mistake it.

I just looked at the picture again and what your clearly looking at in the middle is two female organs that would hold a seed if pollinated. I'm 100% sure there are two little white hairs on those sacs. Here is a picture of a male pollen sac. I hope I helps.
DSCN0001_9_.JPG

They open up into an actual flower. You cannot mistake it.

Yes - would seem now that they are calyxes - interesting. I would imagine that as one had a seed it must have been pollinated. Not sure how...

Back
Top Bottom