What grow technique should i use?

FlyBoy

My box is 1m x 1m x 2m. I was planing to put 5-10 pots in box in leave then to grow for about 1m and then switch to 12/12. Is that true if i top the plants for once time there will not be nice sticks sorrounded with hemp? I heard that if you top plants there will be two tops(i knew that) bit willbe hemp just on the top, not on the whole "stick". How much litres should the pots be to let flowers grow to about 1.80m? I think that 5 pots of soil will be enough for m2 place of 1.80m heigh plants? So should i use topping technique(for just once) of leave them to grow with no technique?

DaMagoMan: thank you i will read it all :)

oks226: you think to flip the light to vertical position?

ok...i have read that guides and it seems that none of the technique is good for my conditions. Now i have some lemon skunk and himalaya gold and i did supercropping(topping for 3timer per plant) and i have bushes now(just in the plans...) but now i have more height and i have decided to buy 5 seeds of not yet known strain (maybe blueberry, white widow, white rhino, White Berry, ice cream, euforia, Northern Lights, AK47, big bud...) i havent decided yet. I know how to grow(i am first time grower and i have read a lot of guides so i know how to serve in this things. Heres my bushes in 1x1x1 box (one or two plants are burned because lamp almost fall off and it was too how for plant...they was little anyway). Now they are in about 14day of 12/12

For this grow i dont want bushes...i want to have a tall flowers (4 or 5 of them). I think i just need a big pots and leave them to grow:) or mybe i will top the plants for once time to get two tops per plant...

on one of the forumn boards i heard someone say 1 gallon of dirt will suppoert a 1-2 foot plant real life observations agree pretty much

i suggest looking up SOG and SCROG methods both give a lot of horizontal canopy and lots of buds per square foot [last cycle i topped a widow girl after i had 7 branches of true leaves
then i put a foot square of plain chicken wire over it to get it to flatten out and spread in veg cycle when i started bud cycle
it looked like a cross between a 70's afro and a flatop crewcut
the top of the plant was pretty much flat and a foot tall and the canopy was about 15 inches square after 3 weeks or so in bud
i had about 15 bigger growing tip end buds and maybe 20
side branch buds lower in the canopy that were about a third the size of the tip buds i pinch end tips in veg cycle to get branching and more growing tips to form buds

about your space you might get 8 or 9 5 gallon buckets of dirt in it
but if you use deep lily or perennial pots aroud a gallon in volume you might get 15-20 plants in the same space and only use a foot of vertical space for your pots and dirt
if your lights are hot you might need to water 2=3 times a day with small pots though check out any grow journals with SOG or SCROG in the name for pictures that will help you get the idea and system down [?-- freezerboy ? had good pics this , icmag or gardwencure board don't remember which...]

the flattop i mentioned earlier is cut back and just moved to reveg area specs : 4 gal bucket dirt and compost and tiny amt pearlite stalk dia at i inch from dirt about 1 inch height to cutback branches 6 inches cut branch diameters 3/8 to 5/8
dia of plant at cutback branches about 4 inches i left 2-4 tiny budlets on each cut back branch and a few sunleaves
those budlets start stretching out to form new growth between 2 and 3 weeks of longer days just went from 24 hour light in veg to 20 light 4 dark if your plant seems stalled on new growth despite food and light you might need to lay it sideways roll the pot and slide it off the dirt to check the roots to see if they need more room or if bottom dirt needs fluffed and pearlite added if its like clay and too compact for good growth and too wet
hope this helps you enjoy your crop and maximize your buds

Back
Top Bottom