What I use

Sizzlefry

Howdy - think this is post #1 for me, woohoo.

My space is a 6'x6'x8' framed/insulated (floor, walls, and ceiling) room located in one bay of a very large garage. The room is fairly airtight and was sheeted with 3/8" OSB. There is currently no reflective covering on the walls. Room was originally 6'x8'x8' but I sectioned a 2' bit off for clone/mother room using a light-proof sliding partition. This section is powered by a 4xT5 florescent grow light - enough to root clones and keep moms in stasis.

My main light is an enclosed dual HID fixture with 4" fan ports. This lamp is 400MH and 600HPS both in the same housing.

My ventilation is a 230FPS 4" inline fan with a carbon filter on the intake side, exhausted to the outside of the building.

My air environment is maintained with an AIR-4 controller. Controller turns on exhaust fan when temp exceeds 72 degrees F, turns on dehumidifier when RH exceeds 55% (veg) or 25% (flower). The AIR-4 controller also allows my CO2 controller to power the regulator only when lights are on and exhaust fan is off. I maintain 1200-1400 ppm CO2 during light-on times. There is also a circuit to power "light-off" devices - I currently have nothing hooked up to this port. There are two 16" oscillating fans running at all times during all phases - both are directed at the plants.

My growth medium is water, using 2 Hydrofarm Megagardens (puffed clay media). I use GH nutrients as directed on the bottle. I maintain a pH of 5.8 and ppm/ec varies with the stage of cycle I'm in. My water temp = room temp (72 degrees F)

My strains - I specialize in Nuken and Amnesia. Nuken is a quick grow, Amnesia is the artsy stuff.

My results over the last couple years - consistent, repeatable grows, no bugs, no mold, no problems.

I learned:
- reflective film isn't necessary if you use enough light to begin with
- room temp/humidity and AIR FLOW are critical components to healthy rooms
- pH must be monitored daily
- shock-free babies are happy babies - avoid shock of any kind = fastest production
- CO2 makes the difference between great "bud" and "OMFG I can't believe that this was grown on Earth" bud
- If you ignore your garden, it will ignore your desires for success

Back
Top Bottom