What is the coolest HPS bulb

Perfect Sun LED

By this, I mean, what brand of HPS bulb 600w and 1000w watt run the coolest, i.e. produce the least amount of heat?

I have run Ultrasun, Sunmaster, Maxlume, Apollo, etc. They all pretty much are the same when it comes to lux. I don't care about all that.

I just want to know if anyone knows which brand runs the coolest, so to keep my grow room coolest without having to use the air conditioning as often.

Thanks guys. :)

That's a good question, it'd be interesting if the companies released info like this.

However I don't think they would be significantly different, I know some bulbs feel hotter then others but I don't think it's going to be a really big difference. All 1000W will be around 3400 btu I'd say.

Yeah, hps. However, I did find that my MH is much hotter than my hps.

I did a test of temps with the MH replacing one of the HPS, too see how room temps stayed all day. All I changed was the mh to hps. Everything else stayed the same.

The results were about 3-5 degrees hotter.

Cool it with a fan through a pipe.. Put the ballast in the pipe too. I seen a 155k lumen hps on amazon. Mine is only 147k but it does put out quite a bit of heat. If your head is by it too long your hair would probably catch fire. The MH runs really hot too- both 1k watts

Back
Top Bottom