What is Vegetative growth?

hey everyone, im new to the site and growing but my plants are about 1 1/2 ft tall how do i get them to bud/flower

First off, :welcome: to 420 Magazine, smokeydabear! Cannabis typically has its growth phases dictated by the photoperiod; specifically how many hours of UNINTERRUPTED darkness the plants receive. Though somewhat strain dependent, flowering can usually be induced by giving your plants at least 11 hours or darkness per day, but growers typically use 12 hours on and 12 hours off as the standard flower lighting cycle.

There are some "autoflowering" strains that have been bred to flower on their age and will flower even if the lights are on all the time but they are the exception.

what is the max amount of darkness i can give my plants to keep them alive

I don't know if that area has been explored fully. What is your goal? Flowering time would probably be shortened but yield would be low. Now, there is a use for extended darkness but in vegetative mode. Rather than give plants 18 hours of light a day, plants can be made to grow slowly or enter a stasis like mode. The plants are only given 12 hours of light per day but it is broken up so there is no 12 hour consecutive period of darkness to induce flowering. Some go 6 on, 6 off, 6 on, 6 off (6/6/6/6) while others have recommended 11 hours on and then 20 minute doses of light given every few hours during the dark period.

remember that a good portion of potency comes from proper drying and curing, don't let the anticipation turn into impatience and ruin your final product, good luck btw.

ok...i have a prob... im a new grower and messed up BAD! first i planted my plant in a shaddy spot outside...doesnt get full sun....but its still flowerin....so today i thought i would cut off the leaves ( pretty much all of them) so the flowers could get more sun....then i did some readin on here and found out i did a BAB BAD thing! is it to late for my plant....can i bring it in and put light to it now....just frustrated and dont know what to do now!

hey i have a quick question i have a 600watt hps lighting system and would like to know can i use this light to veg. the plants and then just switch the lighting cycles to flower using the same light. thanks also how big do you think the plants should be before i start them under the 600hps.

hey i have a quick question i have a 600watt hps lighting system and would like to know can i use this light to veg. the plants and then just switch the lighting cycles to flower using the same light. thanks also how big do you think the plants should be before i start them under the 600hps.

Yes, you can grow a crop completely under a HPS light. You can start seeds under the light but you would want to have the light higher up at first, then lower it once the plants get established in 7 - 10 days.

ok cool so right after i germ. the seeds and put them in soil i can use the hps light i will just keep it very high from the plants and move it down slowly. does this sould ok to do.

just buy some cfls or Ho florescent lights for veg its the cheap way to go. you can veg as long as you want big veg big yields "super crop" 60 day veg tie down the plant.

Many people start with simple floro setups then switch to the HPS. If that is all you have, you can use it as you described.

I like to get a basic extension cord with a light bulb adapter attached and put a CFL in in. Hany one of these a couple of inches above each plant for the first week or two. Still get good growth and it can save you money not having to operate a large wattage device 18 hours a day. Money saved will easily pay for the parts necessary.

ok...i have a prob... im a new grower and messed up BAD! first i planted my plant in a shaddy spot outside...doesnt get full sun....but its still flowerin....so today i thought i would cut off the leaves ( pretty much all of them) so the flowers could get more sun....then i did some readin on here and found out i did a BAB BAD thing! is it to late for my plant....can i bring it in and put light to it now....just frustrated and dont know what to do now!

no worries brother. you live and you learn. you live, and you learn.

:goodluck:

trim or dont?????

Trim or Don't What?

when i have to put the Germinating cannabis seeds under the 1000w ?????

Uhh... What?

You don't have to put germinating seeds under a 1000-watt light - unless it's too cold for them to germinate and you don't have any other way to generate heat. But that's akin to using a howitzer to kill a fly.

I may have misunderstood your question.

Vegettly speaking it is when your giving your plant the 3's lots of Light, water as long as you got good drainage... just let them be themelves weeds......and grow to their potental

hi am on 1000w mh and my temps are 31c but my termomiter is ander the lghit to see radiant heat from the light is that good ???

Back
Top Bottom