What should I do with the males?

NorthHayward

I recently planted a few seeds and as it turns out one of the two is a male..it seems like such a waste killing the male because i dont want them to breed, ive heard stories that you can change the sex of the plants, hes only about 5 or 6 weeks now, if not any ideas of what i should do with him rather then just killing him and throwing him out?

I agree make seeds....but really cut it down.......it's only 5weeks old....there's no easy way to reverse sex...it's dumb....if you flower them than you can get seeds And some rad oil out of them....I just toss them...I don't want seeds and all hermed shit....:ciao:

Take some pollen from ur male and pollinate a few of the lower buds so ur whole plant want be loaded with seeds just the ones you pollinate

If you isolate the male for real then go for it. In isolated space, he will get pollened up big time. Then you will know some of the traits of him.

You can take a cue-tip and collect singular zip locked "mating dabblers" then only set seed on certain bds. At your choice..

But usually 90%of the time the males blow their thing for miles, fubar your grow, seeded popcorn. So depending on your focus, cut,em.

I recently planted a few seeds and as it turns out one of the two is a male..it seems like such a waste killing the male because i dont want them to breed, ive heard stories that you can change the sex of the plants, hes only about 5 or 6 weeks now, if not any ideas of what i should do with him rather then just killing him and throwing him out?
Make beautiful seeds with them and save yourself a ton of money..

You can make a female into a transgender male..but it will only have xx chromazones..hence you will only get feminized seed from the females the tranny mates with..with a full natural male..you will get "natural seeds" 50/50 male and female ..you cannot make a male into a female..but it makes stronger natural seed stock for future grows..that can be made into feminized seed by CS solutions..but hey..its up to you.

Back
Top Bottom