What should we say in our letters?

try fighting the toba*co and pharmaceutical conglomerates, this is where some cumbersome problems will occur

You make some really god points there, as do we all. But the bottom line here, is that they hold all the cards, and we just have to find a flaw in their game to shoot down their claims and there are so many arguments you can make. We just have to find out what the best method of approach is with them...one that will sink in to their minds and get them thinking.
I can picture them rolling their eyes and saying "man, I wish these people would get a life and quit hounding me about pot legalization, because I ain't budging".
What we need to do is find something that really sticks in their noodles and makes an impact.
I'm not sure that throwing around a bunch of scientific facts and pointing out flaws in the system to them will be the best way to convince them...If anyone finds an argument that starts changing their minds, please by all means, share it with the class...lol
But for now, everyone needs to make it as personal as possible and share something in their lives that cannabis has helped them with...the best response I've gotten so far, was a letter I sent telling them how marijuana saved my life by helping me get off of cr@ck coc@ine, the guy really seemed to respond well to that.
We need to find what works best for us and stick with it.
Just sending a generic letter with a bunch of facts and figures is probably getting played out to these people...does that make since?

Unfortunately that's how they create their basis for drug laws in general. I would say 65% of their arguments are based on their scientific studies. There are none to combat theirs so they just go with what their lab guys come up with. The original reason why they made it illegal was because of the hemp industry and the freedom of thought. I seriously doubt they had tests in the 20's to conclude the bullshit they have now. Really though the government needs to change in general to be open minded. I am very pessimistic about their mind state because I just feel like that is the wall. A lot of them need to go and get switched around before a change can really happen. Also people need to stop bringing manmade substances into the equation of marijuana; people need to stop doing things to make marijuana look like a gateway or harmful. I have noticed those chhheeezzzy commercials dissing weed are out of play lately lol.

:clap:

I'll say this, I have tried all kinds of tactics in my letters, and I found that flooding them with scientific data usually doesn't even get a response, but they respond well to personal experience, ok so you don't bring a past hard drug use into the equation, but a good miracle drug story in the form of MJ will do good too...you know? something like how without weed, you can't stop the pain of your migraines and all the existing prescription drugs out there have no effect, or something to that effect, plus you can combine those facts with proven scientific facts with links to such facts.
The truth is, there is no limit to what you can say to argue a good point with them.
Appeal to their hearts and their minds and challenge their played out points on a personal level.
The hardest thing to do is turn a brainwashed robot into a human being.
We just need to bring a better defense then they bring an offense...it's an ongoing power struggle and they have more power at the moment.
We need to break them down in a profound way, with our numbers against their money and pull.

Easy, I'll answer all that in one word...........wait for it.............UNIFICATION!!!!!!!!!! without it, we will never see our dreams realized. We must unite and quit letting our message fall on def ears!!!
I say we need a rally going on in every major city in America from here til November!!!

PEOPLE...there are 2 bills on the table just waiting for everyone to go in and petition for...don't know where they are???...look at the links here; sign and send in...please!

House of Representatives to Consider Medical Cannabis Legislation!

House of Representatives to Consider Cannabis Decriminalization!

Sending letters about the big picture is a good thing. Jimbo is right, flooding them with facts usually stops getting read at the first paragraph.

The letters I have sent have stated my purpose, a short synopsis of my opinion.

But I have found that using personal stories about your illness and why MJ is important in stopping or alleviating many of the side effects attributed to your illness.

I use the ASA newsletter to get a lot of my information. And the forums here at 420 give you all the info you need, all in one place.

And I also use epilepsy.com to back alot of my info.

Don't send e-mails. Send a written or typed letter. You know someone at least opened it. I recently sent a letter to the president on another subject. Don't waste your time. All you get is a lot of Blah, Blah, Blah. Of course at the highest level...

I haven't sent enough letters, but I have a big mouth. So I never miss an opportunity to educate. It's easy when you believe in something.

Knowledge creates action.

It starts with one voice.

Peace:rollit:

i guess there are two points of view. I happen to think e-mails are easy to send, easy to delete.

So let's agree to disagree...

Peace and Love

Isn't that what the gays did for legalized marriage? they got it done pretty fast. But i guess they had a little more "motivation" than us? Although i'm not sure if you could go to jail for getting married to the same sex back then? could you?

The thing about gay marriage, although shunned by mainstream America, it's still legal to be gay, and gay marriage, although controversial, still didn't have the same legal aspect as a controlled substance like MJ, so we have a much tougher fight on our hands to get it legalized.

it's sometimes hard to get a seattle newspaper to publish a letter to the editor especially if your letter advocates legalization.
sometimes you have to seek out and find your local neighborhood newspapers to try.

so here's my latest letter, it was also sent to the seattle pi, but tney don't seem to care.

NW News v.6 | Alcohol vs. marijuana

Keep up the great work...that letter looks good and to the point...I love it :clap:

I see now, you guys are really starting to become true cannabis worriers...It does my heart good to see such wonderful enthusiasm for these action forums...this is the stuff that makes changes happen...great work guys!!! keep fighting the good fight!!! :clap:

:peace: and love to you all, Jimbo

What we should say is that we are more than one person, and that we will campaign against them if they do not do as we say they should. Maybe a little civil disobedience mixed with a modicum of publicity (in any form,) against them will get their attention and show them that, as much as they want to, they do not own everybody.

I am ex-Navy, ultra conservative and liberal to a fault both. Jefferson liberal really. I do not believe the federal government should have anything other than guarding the coastline and delivering the mail under their control, period.

Call your reps, talk, but not like an idiot, to anyone about your views. Do not hide, and do not give up. Do not compromise.

Let your reps know that you are sick and tired of being labeled, that you are willing to do your part to throw them out of their offices.

Then do just that.
:peace:

What we should say is that we are more than one person, and that we will campaign against them if they do not do as we say they should. Maybe a little civil disobedience mixed with a modicum of publicity (in any form,) against them will get their attention and show them that, as much as they want to, they do not own everybody.

I am ex-Navy, ultra conservative and liberal to a fault both. Jefferson liberal really. I do not believe the federal government should have anything other than guarding the coastline and delivering the mail under their control, period.

Call your reps, talk, but not like an idiot, to anyone about your views. Do not hide, and do not give up. Do not compromise.

Let your reps know that you are sick and tired of being labeled, that you are willing to do your part to throw them out of their offices.

Then do just that.
:peace:

Although you make a very strong point, and I commend you, I would use caution from being too militant with them, or they will just disregard the letter as hate mail...but, I would certainly let them know that it's their job to respect the wishes of the people, of whom placed them in office in the first place. :smokin:

the author of that reply (Shannon Durand) is using fake stats from the government reefer madness machine... her sources are based on lies... someone needs to educate her ass so she can stop turning her newspaper into yet another reefer madness machine... you guys should all send her letters... one at a time, that's how we have to do it, unfortunately...

here is their list of staff, shannon isn't even on it, i would send emails to the editor and publisher.
NW News v.6 | About Page

I say we need a rally going on in every major city in America from here til November!!!

jimbo this is absolutely right.

Back
Top Bottom