What size CFM fan for 5x5 tent?

StayLowKeyBro

I will be running 4, 450 watt LED's from Platinum LED. Not worried about the heat at all, I would just like to have a reasonable amount of air circulating around my plants so they can grow to their full potential. Actual wattage will be 1112 watts in the 5x5 tent. Height in the tent is 6'6. Also I would like the fan to connect to a carbon filter. I was looking at a Atmosphere Vortex S-Line 8'' 728 CFM. Thinking that might be a little too much though. Thanks for the help.

it is a must with a carbon filter,to slow the air and let the carbon do its job,if I run mine full blast i can get smells

they are pretty cheap,after a few days of listening to the air move full on,you will by one:cheesygrinsmiley:

I'll put that on my prioty list now... I didn't know that, thanks for the crucial information! I don't want any smells leaking out!

Ya I'll test the waters out when I get mine. Im going to go with the Atmosphere Vortex S-Line 8 inch 728 CFM. It's 50 dollars off at my local HydroShop. They have a smaller one on sale too but it's only 368cfm. Better too have it a little bigger than too small. Also it's said too be 20 to 50% quieter than traditional inline fans and is very power efficient. Now I'll just have too buy a carbon filter and some ducting.

Regarding that question I asked about what CFM too use in my 5x5x6 tent. I looked on Amazon and they have 2 fan/filter combo kit's at the same price. One's a 440 CFM fan with a 6 inch inline fan and the other is only 175 CFM and a 4 inch inline but this one includes 8 feet of ducting. I've been reading lots on here and the majority say too go with a bigger CFM fan just in case. The last thing I want is odour leaking out... My question too you is do you think the 175 CFM fan would remove the odour as good as the 440 one would? I'm wondering if I really need an extra 240 CFM just for 4 plants in 10 gal pots, I'm using LED so heat is not that much of a concern... and if it gets too be I could always have a couple oscillating fans on the bottom of the tent blowing a slight breeze. I plan on having one right when I start out. Hope you can help out. I appreciate it.

I didn't buy that vortex s line fan I mentioned in a earlier post. These Fan/Filter combo's on Amazon are way cheaper and have good reviews.

My tent is a 5 x 5 with an 8' ceiling. We run a 6 in fan with a carbon filter and speed reducer. I bought a carbon filter and spent some big bucks on it. End result you can be right next to the tent and NO odors .. Happy Growing ..

My question too you is do you think the 175 CFM fan would remove the odour as good as the 440 one would? I'm wondering if I really need an extra 240 CFM just for 4 plants in 10 gal pots, I'm using LED so heat is not that much of a concern... and if it gets too be I could always have a couple oscillating fans on the bottom of the tent blowing a slight breeze. I plan on having one right when I start out. Hope you can help out. I appreciate it.

go with the 440cfpm fan,even if you dont use it all,it is there,as you start adding filters it slows the fan down,so that 175 will turn into 125 in short order.
not only is this needed for smell control,it is also needed to cycle the air into the tent,if you dont run c02 you cant have stale air in there.

go with the 440cfpm fan,even if you dont use it all,it is there,as you start adding filters it slows the fan down,so that 175 will turn into 125 in short order.
not only is this needed for smell control,it is also needed to cycle the air into the tent,if you dont run c02 you cant have stale air in there.
Thanks man. All very good points. I'll go with the 440, I'll make good use of it come summer time when it gets really hot in the house.

Back
Top Bottom