What to do about a hermied plant?

Electricthom

cosmicbrain.jpg

I'm growing in a 5X5 tent using 2Ltr coco hempy's, GH three part with additives under a 1000 W HPS. My first CosmicBrain hermed, it's day 23 and I found a pod casing in the coco. I pulled her out and found several sites of pods under lower buds hidden in the leaves. As I removed them I could see the pollen falling and some hairs on a lower bud are turning color and shriveling already. As these were given to me for free from a friends grow of regular seeds, they may have come from a male or a hermied mother I don't know. I don't have the room or light for a separate area so, My questions are:scratchinghead::
At day 23 will she grow more pods?
Do I keep her and pull future pods or cull her? :rip:
Will she seed the tent if I don't dispose of her?
If I keep her:
Do I wait to for a smoke report on CB1's quality or to see if CB2 hermies to decide to germ the seeds? ( I may have stressed her somehow. Like leaving the light on outside with the tent window open)
Or bite the bullet and get rid of the seeds and her and STOP forgetting to turn off the light?:surrender:

Thanks for any thoughts on what to do with her
:peace:

I'm new to this. So, this post is more of a question than a statement. But, in my opinion if you are seeing pollen falling out of the pods. Then it's probably already too late. Chances are you already seeded them. Doesn't pollen float around even easier than a fart??

I could be wrong about this. But, doesn't a hermied lady give off only female seeds?? If that is that case, it might be worth letting it grow out so you can harvest the seeds from it. Would work out in your benefit in the future ...... I think. Plus ... you can still smoke it.

I'm sure someone more knowledgable than me will come along and set things straight ...... LOL.

Welcome Mutt, yes the seeds should be female but if it is a genetic trait they will most likely hermie too and who wants that.
Well I clipped the couple the buds that had the pods under them, better to chop them than chase balls for 4 weeks, it'll cut back on yield but the none upper buds show any sign of sacs or seeds. There are a few lower buds that got pollinated but I did the exam and chopping on a different floor than my tents and that is the only time I saw any pollen fall. Plus that was under ruff handling and I spayed her down good before returning. I'll watch for more but think I chopped the problem in the "bud" so to speak. I'll germ the seeds I get from her and see if it was genetic or stress, plus I have another CosmicBrain two weeks behind her, 2 GDP, 1 The scream, 3 Blue Dream and 3 unknowns given to me by the same person some in flower and some veggin'. If it is genetic then I'll trash them but I think it should be ok.
:peace:

Back
Top Bottom