What to do with 4ft plant friends showed up with at my house!

lilums

ok heres the deal, my friends showed up with about 4 foot tall female plant that has been outside just growing, i dont know if it has had any nutrients or anything like that and right now its just sitting in a big thing of water till in the mornhing when i can go plant it, but i wanted to know can i still plant it, is it worth it, or did them tearing it up shock it badly , it still has roots and everything and looks really healthy except for maby 2 slightly browning leaves near the bottom, but i wanted to know what to do, should i plant it or trash it and if so, i will use organgic soil, but what kinda nutriens should i buy, and would a local walmart, or lowes carry them! or could i just cut clones and get some cloning stuff from walmart or lowes to! thankss for the help in advances!

4 foot tall female plant that has been outside just growing

Just outside growing? Somebody had to plant a seed or seedling! If it weren't your friends' plant and it weren't on their property, they should have let it be!

I had a friend who came over with some good herb one night and we got toasted. During our second bowl he mentioned he had stolen a plant a few months earlier. I asked him to leave my house and the friendship ended. He knew better! If your friends don't know better, then they need to be taught a lesson. Allow them to read someone's grow journal so they can see the care, time, energy and money that goes into a grow. Maybe then, they will repent of their evil ways, if not, I would have to lose the friends.

wdf are yall talkin about did i say anything about that, i asked what to do with it and none of u could help all u did was put me down?, the people he took it from said he could have it!!!!!!, so he carfully dug it up and brought it here, what does how i aquired it have to do with anything i said in my post, i asked what i should do with it, should i plant it can i plant it, should i clone it, was it in to much shock is it even worth a shit to keep or what? thanks now lets try this again! cuase i would really like some answers before night fall cuase i dont want it to die, cause it has came to far to die

The simple answer is just plant it and see what happens. No need to worry about nutrients until it recovers from transplant shock, unless you want to drench the soil w/ seaweed extract mixture...which should help recovery. Make sure it gets enough water (soak the soil - not "floating") as many fine roots were probably injured or destroyed when it got pulled.

Once new growth starts to look good you can worry about fertilizing with some Alaska MorBloom or other organic fertilizer high in Potassium and Phosphorous.

Growers are very sensitive to "rippers", so when grown plant shows up out of the blue without explanation the acquisition will be closely scrutinized.

thanks u so much for actaully helping me! i really appreciate it, but one more thing, would i be able to buy any of these nutrients at wal mart or lowes cause my town is not to big if ya know what i mean its a lil country town lol
thanks again!

The Alaska MorBloom should be available. I'm not sure if I've seen a Seaweed Extract product at those stores or not. You can also use some Super Thrive at the recommended dosage as a soil drench to help transplant shock. It should be easy to find.

Why did your friends tear this plant up out of the ground?

because the people who had it had to move, and they had to get rid of it and my friend didnt want them to throw it away so he kept it lol

you get into sime soil and show it some love and it will keep on growing. thats what i did. The first time I grew was outside then I moved so I dug it up put it in a pot with soil and it turned out ok even though I had no idea what I was doing at the time.

ok heres the deal, my friends showed up with about 4 foot tall female plant that has been outside just growing
I assumed from this and that you knew no history of nutrients given to it that your friends had found the plant, my fault for assuming.
:peace:

lilums, if you get a chance, post some pics so we all can enjoy your grow.

Dude I tried this with another plant that was rescued from certain death a while ago. It was a about hip height on me and was already a small bush that must have occured from thrown seed as it was next to a beaten path and was dug up by a security guard I know - he said it was drooped badly when he took it from no water (he knows my love of the plant!). He kept it in his room in a plastic bag filled with water. The next day we topped it and planted it in a safe location - it lived but was never a strong plant - I was happy to have extended its life.

I once caught two young dudes ripping a healthy plant in a park in my area - I made them replant it in a better spot and took their details and told them if I found that plant gone I would be looking for them - it finished flowering and the stump was still there one year later - never touch a plant that is not yours or has not been given to you guys and gals - it is unethical and a big NO NO!

During the rainy season I rescue plants from the edge of the river near my house with the direct permission of the land owners - as those plants are all unplaned and would also be washed away otherwise by flood but I consider this cannabis conservation. I have acquired most of my breeding genetics through conservation and it is a reward from Jah that I get to look after them and they get to live a full, happy life. Sometimes I can carry a plant for miles in my backpack in the rain and only get to plant it in the morning and they always live for me so they are resilient plants - good luck with yours!

it lived but was never a strong plant - I was happy to have extended its life.

It was never a strong plant because it was already stressed and you put it over the top by decapitating it. Your really lucky it didn't turn hermie on you.

I too hate rippers. I've had over 200 plants ripped off over the years. Once it happened the night before we were going to harvest. I showed up at first light to find cleanly cut stalks protruding from 12 empty containers and foot prints going out the back way. It was not a great year as the winter previous someone had come into my house and relieved me of over 3 lbs of processed bud while I was picking up the kids from a bus stop. I had to buy meds that year. I installed cameras that shows all access to my property and hooked them to the internet. All theft stopped.

its really drooopy its in dirt and i waterd it , its been in the soil for 2 days now going on 3 and its drooopy :(

I too hate rippers. I've had over 200 plants ripped off over the years. Once it happened the night before we were going to harvest. I showed up at first light to find cleanly cut stalks protruding from 12 empty containers and foot prints going out the back way. It was not a great year as the winter previous someone had come into my house and relieved me of over 3 lbs of processed bud while I was picking up the kids from a bus stop. I had to buy meds that year. I installed cameras that shows all access to my property and hooked them to the internet. All theft stopped.

B-B-Ballin'! I like that camera thing, keep those rippers out :)
I've never quite heard of anything like that O_O
Thats alot to steal, sorry to hear. Keep on growin!

It was never a strong plant because it was already stressed and you put it over the top by decapitating it. Your really lucky it didn't turn hermie on you.

I too hate rippers.I had to buy meds that year. I installed cameras that shows all access to my property and hooked them to the internet. All theft stopped.

Ja I would rather have stressed them than let them drown! :thedoubletake: I had to top - being out of soil that long and in some stressful circumstances the tops dried out the next day and were brown the day after - it actually saved the plant I think - what would you have done in the same situation of having brown, dry tops? I did 2 of the 3 Malawi gold plants this way and they look pretty good dont they? That particular plant just did'nt have as a smooth a transition as my Malawi Gold plants but I let it finish as I love these plants and cant stand to see them die! :Rasta:

I have never encountered a hermie -I think that is a hybrid issue not sativa - natural genes / natural conditions should'nt produce one.

Glad you got that theft problem sorted - I had to move (ok not for this reason but it pushed me to do it faster) cos' vervet monkeys used to raid my growing patches in the bush! Cameras would only aid me to get on National Geographic / Zimbabwean Local Wildlife Turn to medical MJ to cope with Modern Stresses! But that cold be a cool documentarty (appart from my ravaged crop!) :peace:

its really drooopy its in dirt and i waterd it , its been in the soil for 2 days now going on 3 and its drooopy :(

Keep the faith brother! and follow Smokin Moose's advice - he is an extremely experienced grower!

Good luck with your plant - Jah Bless! :Rasta:

Back
Top Bottom