What's the longest cured bud you have right now?

What's the longest cured bud you have right now?

• Indica 1 month

Votes: 3 15.8%

Votes: 1 5.3%

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Sativa 1 month

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Man, I have smoke over a year plus, pass full cure

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
It's said that an Indica's are fully cured around month 4 and a Sativa 9 months.

I guess as a grower it's a matter of multiple grows that leaves you with enough to save from each grow to reach full maturity.
Once pass cure it's slowly down hill, just keep her in a cool dark dry place. (mason jars for me)

The potency of a 3 week cure and a 2 months sure has a difference in her :roorrip:

G5_Jared.jpg

Until reading this I was under the impression there was no need to cure for more than a couple of weeks. I'm not a grower (yet :eyebrowsmile:) so I don't personally cure my buds, but I know when the ones I get have been cured and they are a hell of a lot better.

It's good to now know that the longer the cure the better, thanks for the info. :yummy:

How do you manage to keep a bit of humidity in the jar for that long. What is your process of drying 4 days upside down and after masson jar for 8 month to a years. Need to try that with some of my plant can wait that long with out smoking. I have cigar 20 year old but is in a humidor at 68% humidity 70 degree Farh. but add water often. Really nice trhead need more people on it.

How do you manage to keep a bit of humidity in the jar for that long. What is your process of drying 4 days upside down and after masson jar for 8 month to a years. Need to try that with some of my plant can wait that long with out smoking. I have cigar 20 year old but is in a humidor at 68% humidity 70 degree Farh. but add water often. Really nice trhead need more people on it.

Take your plant into the room where you want to trim and have some rubber gloves on, snip off one branch at a time and the plant works as a place for the buds to leave home.

Trim down to bud level and hang in a closet or cardboard box hanging, room should be at least simi dark, no direct sunlight

60-70 degrees at 50% humidity about 4-5 days, (here is where you need to grab a cola to check for zero moisture @ day 4-5) then into large brown paper bags for 2-3 days, shack bag to flip for better drying each day

Then into jars and open twice a day to the air for about 10-14 days for 15 min (or till they stop popping the lid from chlorophyll and co2 gases.

After that, leave in the dark till there a month old and start to enjoy

Here's all three happening all at once with harvesting in different weeks to stagger the harvest.

P.S. I do not believe in the "bone dry, make sure the steam snaps shit" if you go to where the steams snap r fk, dry colas, not the steams.

Hang em bag em burp em cure em :grinjoint:

hang_bag_burp_cure.jpg

Major Tom, that is some sweetness. tons of buds. see, I have yet to cure longer than a couple weeks (it does not last long enough...just tends to disappear!!)

Benn noticing its a lil dead around here lately myself. Get like 1 or 2 responds to a thread. Evryone is proly to blazed to reply back lol. But voted 1 month on a indica. I to cant wait that long to smoke em. But after reading major toms post im gonna try 2 month cure to see a difference. :nicethread: :peace:

Major Tom, most people here only look at the growers lounge area

I noticed the lull in posting too. It's frustrating.

I dry in a dark dryish room for 6-8 days. Until the stems snap but don't break. Then I cut off the buds and jar them up. I open the jars for a few minutes per day until I notice that the air inside is not humid (I inhale from the jar as I open it - you can 'taste' the humidity). At that point I tighten the lid and keep it cool and dark until I intend to smoke it. 1 oz per quart jar. That way they don't over-pack and I can fish them out with minimum trauma later.

Most of my greens are indica-leaning and are cured for 3-6 months, depending on my willpower. I figure if I can wait 3 months I'm doing pretty good. Six months happens when I have older bud in line in front because I rotate stock (I always smoke the oldest).

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom