What's the "OG" stand for in OG Kush?

If you grow outdoors beside the ocean, you can call it OG whateveryouwant.

The guy that collected it from the hindu kush mountains never grew it beside the ocean.

Kush was just a very popular strain and everyone wanted to get a share of the market.

The OG term was coined to distinguish the "Seaside" Kush from the "Mountain Grown" Kush.

"SS Kush" never went down well, except within a few isolated communities in Beverly Hills.

No-one trusted the name "MG Kush" for obvious reasons.

"OG Kush" got picked up by the Gangsters in Compton,

they changed the name to market it to their communities

and the rest is "history".

You can disbelieve any story you want to.

All truths are personal.

It's important to find your own truth.

:Namaste:

See how we're back to gangster is Compton. Most of these stories go like that. I don't want to make up my own personal truth, I seek universal truth. If someone asks me and I'm answering seriously, I would still have to say I don't know.

Steve Tuck's story seems a bit more plausible and everyone here can reference his credentials without having to interview those Compton gangsters or offend the Beverly Hills socialites that still call it SS Kush. :hmmmm:

[video]

All in good fun and in the interest of truth/history.

He didn't mention what the OG stands for :laughtwo:

And I was not going back to Compton,

but you cannot deny the influence the gang-stars had in making the name popular.

That's why everyone thinks it means "original gangster".

Plus, people lie and say their bagseedweed is "OG Kush"

When people lie, everything gets messed up.

At the beginning of the video he says there was a Canadian seed vendor called overgrow or over grown.com. According to his story they branded the OG as their Kush. So this guy says the OG stands for Over Grow--a reference to the company that was eventually shut down by the Canadian DEA. It's a real company and I did find articles about the bust. It makes a little sense because most of the commercial grows started in Canada. CA didn't take over until the last half of this last decade.

Cool You Cali guys can figure it out. As long as everyone knows Chem Dawg Came form Colorado some what.

And when I was looking for original genetics of Chem Dawg a lot of people pointed to Super Skunk or other skunky strain like Skunk Haze (might have even been Orange Bud) saying that high and potence are very similar, but it'd hard for me to say as I never smoked any weed from US.

I'd doubt it, cause if it came from Colorado and it got there in the 80's, probably from California via Sacred Seeds catalogue. Skunk #1 inbred for few generations and then sold on East Coast or something. I guess an input from some old Colorado growers would be in place.

Hey guys, new here.

Just stumbled across this thread trynna find out what "OG" stood for. I did some googling and found this article. Read it and let me know what you think. Seems like it stands for "original gangster" after all, lol. :)

Back
Top Bottom