What's the quickest way to sex from seed? Trying to get clones ready for outdoor

Sweetgreen

Hey all. I'm feeling a little stressed and short of time, trying to get everything ready for my first outdoor grow this summer. I'm shooting for around 50 outdoor plants set in 5 or so different sites. Since it's my first grow, I'm assuming I'll only harvest 1/5 of that, which is why I'm shooting for 50 clones(maybe only harvest 10)

So my 10 seeds just cracked and I've transplanted them into Root Riots and put them in the prop. What I'd like to know, is what's the quickest way to sex these AND be able to clone them ASAP?

Since I'm running out of time, I don't really want to go 12/12 on the lights right away to sex these. because I've heard it's then difficult to clone them after doing that, even if I put them back into veg.

I've also been learning about how to spot preflowers that show after the 4th or so set of leaves. They seem very hard to detect and I don't know if it depends on strain or not

So basically, what would you guys do to take 10 seeds, sex them and clone them ready to go outside by end of May?

PS. I'll be vegging in a RDWC style system

Thanks

Hey all. I'm feeling a little stressed and short of time, trying to get everything ready for my first outdoor grow this summer. I'm shooting for around 50 outdoor plants set in 5 or so different sites. Since it's my first grow, I'm assuming I'll only harvest 1/5 of that, which is why I'm shooting for 50 clones(maybe only harvest 10)

So my 10 seeds just cracked and I've transplanted them into Root Riots and put them in the prop. What I'd like to know, is what's the quickest way to sex these AND be able to clone them ASAP?

Since I'm running out of time, I don't really want to go 12/12 on the lights right away to sex these. because I've heard it's then difficult to clone them after doing that, even if I put them back into veg.

I've also been learning about how to spot preflowers that show after the 4th or so set of leaves. They seem very hard to detect and I don't know if it depends on strain or not

So basically, what would you guys do to take 10 seeds, sex them and clone them ready to go outside by end of May?

PS. I'll be vegging in a RDWC style system

Thanks

hey sweetgreen

saw your post had no replys and i remembered reading a thread on here about sexing by using a paper bag, the principle is to cover one branch of your plant with a bag for 12 hours and then give it 12 hours of light, so the rest of your plant stays in its veg state but that one branch is gettin 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness, this basically puts that one part of the plant into flower

this thread gives you everything you need to know on the subject :)

How Do I Sex using a Paper Bag?

hope this helps dude
:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom