Going to try some cloning

whitewidowman

ok:reading420magazine: i'm going to try some cloning i've been reading alot of every 1's post,now this is what i learned and (please tell if my studys is right)

when i cut, come down about two nodes then put them ph water to soak
then recut at a 45 degree then dip in some root powder..

then put in humidity dome and mist a coulple time's day, now can i put the clone's in a 12-12 cycle to determind sex or do i have to run 18/6 or 24 to get them rooted?

Re: going to try some cloning..

Add a little B12 to the water to combat shock. I use dixie cups and Sunshine Mix 1. Soak the soil with B12 water making sure there are no air pockets, stick a pencil in for the hole, cut stem at 45 degrees, dip in root powder, carefully put cone in soil and press the sides in firmly around stem making sure of no air pockets. Use a humidity dome and just spray the inside of the humidity dome once or twice a day.

thanks a bunch weed420:hookah: i use superthrive had no b12 as you mention... will the superthrive work for these set of clones i cut? i will get me some b12 the next cuts i make..

anotherthing too the humidity dome i have is getting around 86to89 degrees with the lid on is that going to be a big issue? can i leave the top off?

Hey good luck with your clonin project..... clonin is very rewarding in more ways than one, I havent used beans in years :hookah: .... remember not to use to strong of a light source these little ladies like and will root faster when you use a more subdued light source.....also keep the ph down around 5.5/5.8 will help in your root growth....... also need any additional help let me know!!!!!!

good growin and stay safe:goodluck:
MrCloner420:cheer:

thanks mrconer420:blunt: right now i have 4' flo shoplight will that be fine?
i think the bulb says 40w cool white..

hello every1:hookah: can u guys help me out again? when these's clones get rooted and i put them in flowering do i use 6500 or 2700 flo's for flowering?
thanks..

Cloning is so much fun! GL on your venture.

I'm not sure how far you've gotten but... I started with a humidity dome/tray with a grow mat/heat thing. Make sure you get everything together before you start it you haven't... like your scissors, water solution, etc. It's not like you do it in five seconds, but cuttings need to be taken care of right away - not like cut them, come back to them later. Do everything at once to make sure it gets done & the girls have the best possible chance.

I cut them with a sharp, clean pair of scissors, dipped them in rooting gel & then put them into the little pods (can't remember what they're called, but they look like dirt). Kept a bottle on hand to mist them that had some superthrive and a PH of just under 5. I usually start low so it can be adjusted easily, but 4.5-5.5 should be fine. I got a flourescent light & kept them under the light 24/7 until they rooted. It worked out well (but no comparison at all to cloner).

You can take the dome off or prop it after a few days so it's semi-open. It's important not get them too wet so you don't end up with PM or anything. I got advice from a grower I volunteered with to spray the dome on the inside and not the plants to prevent this. When the dome is on though you MUST remove the top at least once a day for circulation, new air...

Oh & not mandatory, but you can trim the leaves from the clone when you first plant them - it helps it to not have to support so much weight (I mean, they're just standing there trying to root - the more weight the more likely they'll lean, etc). And I'd also suggest taking a few more cuttings than you need since some will likely not make it.

I will say I won't go back to the humidity dome that now that I have Turbo Cloner. It's just about stupid proof & works amazing. Hopefully I helped with something you were trying to find out.

Brown roots = rot. You want to get rid of them.

White, fuzzy roots = you're on the right path & doing good.

Don't forget to mark your clones - which strain, date cloned, etc

If using a heat mat, put it on a timer so your roots don't dry out.

thanks sun:hookah: i'd like to buy one of those easy cloners but my budget wont let me.. lol i've read alot of good things about them.. maybe someday..

how long does it usually take you to root them in ur easy cloner?

thanks sun:hookah: i'd like to buy one of those easy cloners but my budget wont let me.. lol i've read alot of good things about them.. maybe someday..

how long does it usually take you to root them in ur easy cloner?

Started sprouting like lightening. Saw growth in a day or two. Have to look at my calendar to see when ready to plant.

Back
Top Bottom