What's Wrong With Her?

Re: What's wrong with her???

20150528_192258.jpg

I'm no expert but I think she's over watered, the only thing I am an expert in is an over watered plant xD
I always made the mistake of over watering my plants

Overwater look the same but only for one day max.
If they curl like this and are deep green it is probably to much N.

In veg it is easy water until it is full wet than wait till the leafs start hang down = really dry.
In bloom keep them moist and dial in to water 2x week.

:phew: Someone help!!! Think I've posted this already but got no response. What's wrong with my baby? To much light? To much water? Not enough nutes? Out of my 4 plants I think this is my only sativa and that's the strain I want most. Please help

Approximately how much and how often are you watering/feeding? Also, what is the nutrient strength you're using?

As someone else mentioned, you probably don't want to be using full strength nutes at this stage.

Fertilizers should be used sparingly if you are in soil. Seriously, I think ferts cause more trouble than the value they provide in extra buds.

Whenever you see a dog that is misbehaved at home the problem, 9 times out of 10, is lack of exercise. Whenever you see a weed plant with problems, 9 times out of 10, it's over-watering or misuse of fertilizers.

Fertilizers should be used sparingly if you are in soil. Seriously, I think ferts cause more trouble than the value they provide in extra buds.

Whenever you see a dog that is misbehaved at home the problem, 9 times out of 10, is lack of exercise. Whenever you see a weed plant with problems, 9 times out of 10, it's over-watering or misuse of fertilizers.

More often it's pH. I'm not saying that's the case here, but pH in general is the number one cause of plant problems by far. I also disagree with your thoughts on nutes. You just have to know when top use them and when the plant doesn't need them.

More often it's pH. I'm not saying that's the case here, but pH in general is the number one cause of plant problems by far. I also disagree with your thoughts on nutes. You just have to know when top use them and when the plant doesn't need them.

Not sure what the pH is but I have a filter on my faucet for my family and I to drink. That's what i use to water my babies. What about collecting rain water? Would that be better?

Tap water is usually pH neutral (pH of 7.0) but with the filter it's likely closer to 6.0.

Get this to test it, it won't give you a precise number but it's cheap and it works good enough to keep you in the right range.

61ykObK20eL_SL1200_.jpg

Rainwater is good but again, you need to test the pH of any water you use. I think rainwater is a bit low for a soil grow.

I use only rainwater, which in my area (northern canada) is about 5.6 ph. I think it's about the same most places, though more acidic in some. A little too acidic so I adjust it to about 6.5

Green Caper you have way more experience in this area than I do so I don't challenge your opinion. Nonetheless, my own opinion and my advice to any newbie grower remains the same:

Nutes are a bad idea for newbie growers. Period. Why?--because as you point out, you have to use them knowledgeably. Newbies need time to gain that knowledge and experience. Too many newbies think they need an abundance of frets when they actually don't need any at all. Then their plant shows up in the burn ward.

As long as new grower has a bag of fertile soil and someone cautions them about overwatering they will likely be okay. A few yellow leaves here and there usually mean nothing of consequence. Yes, a ph test is needed but not at all top of my list in terms of the order of steps in my advice.

I think the biggest thing with nutes and inexperienced growers is resisting the urge to use too much (which every rookie experiences) before you know exactly how much to use. A rookie will more often than not give too much than too little. A lot of growers might ignore it, but my advice is just think conservatively until you're sure. That's why a lot of people recommend using only at most 1/4 strength till you know how much the plants can stand.

Now, I'm no expert but here's my 2 cents on PH...use Happy Frog, or Ocean Forest, and throw your PH meter away...I put mine in the drawer 2 years ago (along with the other 1/2 dozen broken meters)....if you are not using the above soils, add dolimite lime to what your using....my girls have been green & healthy since....

Back
Top Bottom