When to flip to flower?

Flip to flower asap.

Dimlux now those are some pretty pricey lights as the ballast is part of the light fitting & some of these models comes with all sorts of bells 'n'' whistles... do ya research !

!. Mmm 20L pots those must be around 45 cm / 450mm in height size.

!. Plants look trained, normal not that bushy at that stage of growth of 4 weeks pushing 5 weeks.

Perhaps good conditions or extra Umol from fancy light.

Scrog net soon if ya thinking of doing it, if these plants have been trained suspected stretch is reduced from topping.

If not, expect double to triple size of vegged plant in final height depending on dominate genetics sativa/indica Some random stuff etc.

1.2 tents are in general 2m high even tho some brands are 2.2m high.

Ye some thinking needs to be done.
Yeah pots are are around 40cm light can hang from top at minimum 16cm. The tent ive just measured aswel is exactly 2m high. Plants havent been trained all i have done is tuck a few fan leaves and top them. So with this light if i flip now will i be using all my space you think? see pics below of light distances
16044382290211223188178966352291.jpg

16044383108483381438662800291953.jpg

NO defoliate NOW BEFORE you flip you do this because you want light to you bud sites - Remember after defoliation feed and then waite 3-4 days to then flip you have some work ahead of you plant might look like shit but it will it come out out of it
Ok i just wanna make sure im using all my available space see above post measurements and let me know. If so i will defoliate today and switch to flower on weekend.

Ok i just wanna make sure im using all my available space see above post measurements and let me know. If so i will defoliate today and switch to flower on weekend.
you got iit defoliate then feed then wait 3-5 days (7) by that time the plant has recovered + be taller maybe 14-15 inches all good now what you feeding now ? you have no height problems that is for sure - nice setup !! are you feeding your roots ? besides your base nutrients and bloom boosters

Yeah so at moment giving 17ml per 8l Canna A n B. 14ml rhizo, 17ml cannazyme (only just started using) and 6ml calmag. Two of the plants have a few yellowing fan leaves im still working out how to fix. See below
20201103_153251.jpg

Been like this around a week i feed around 1.8l each per day at 5.8ph so i may alter PH in the next few feeds up or down do you think?
Here is a shot of the top
20201103_153318.jpg

Its the first time using a double ended HPS for veg and flower so im learning as i go. Plants seem short for their age in my opinion, not sure whats causing the slow growth. Only just moved light down in last 2 days so hoping this will help it has been on 600w at top of 2m tent since clones
Could be the 1/2 dose of nutrients. In soil-less medium follow label directions they can handle it. Also careful what you wish for. 4x4 - I wouldn't dial up past 800w with that lamp. Gonna get BRIGHT af and hot. Plants will stress then nanner.

you got iit defoliate then feed then wait 3-5 days (7) by that time the plant has recovered + be taller maybe 14-15 inches all good now what you feeding now ? you have no height problems that is for sure - nice setup !! are you feeding your roots ? besides your base nutrients and bloom boosters
1 plant done, have a look did i go too far its late im really stoned and i felt like i was doin it for ages lol
20201104_002636.jpg

Im doing the rest tomorrow gonna take me forever

if not nutrient issue then maybe "heat intensity" that can be fixed by good ventilation and even raising lights - you only have two "affected" leaves not to worry yet Remember once you see a nutrient issue it take 2 week to fix it Stop everything and just water for 3 days or so let dry then let dry one day, start your nutes' again maybe readjusted amounts and feeding x's per week

Could be the 1/2 dose of nutrients. In soil-less medium follow label directions they can handle it. Also careful what you wish for. 4x4 - I wouldn't dial up past 800w with that lamp. Gonna get BRIGHT af and hot. Plants will stress then nanner.
I may add more nutrients next feed. In coco ive been told water to 20% runoff as it acts as a kind of flushing every feed so should i just up feed and continue or do they require flushing u think?

I have pots in saucers and having to move them to empty after watering. Once i have scrog in place this will be quite difficult. Any cheap solutions to easy saucer draining...?

31OC0iRMRPL._AC_SY355_.jpg

If you want to spend more than $2.99, there are battery-powered ones that you don't have to squeeze to get started. "Hand siphon pumps." Also called "fuel transfer pumps." Commonly found in the aisle where kerosene heaters are. If plants' containers are elevated slightly, a short length of hose/tubing is probably the cheapest device of all. ("Redneck gas station" ;) )

31OC0iRMRPL._AC_SY355_.jpg

If you want to spend more than $2.99, there are battery-powered ones that you don't have to squeeze to get started. "Hand siphon pumps." Also called "fuel transfer pumps." Commonly found in the aisle where kerosene heaters are. If plants' containers are elevated slightly, a short length of hose/tubing is probably the cheapest device of all. ("Redneck gas station" ;) )
Thanks ill pick one of these up and hopefully i wont have to keep moving the 20l pots.. my back will be much happier

Buy two and throw one into your "oh sh*t!" kit. They really are cheap, and you never know when you'll suddenly need to pump liquid at 3:00am due to a plumbing disaster. Probably won't want to use the one hanging beside your grow room for that, lol.

EDIT Also be aware that, for gardening use, they seem to work best when the drain pans are flat. If the pans have a raised pattern to keep plants' containers from sitting all the way flat against them, you might be left with a tiny amount of liquid, since the tip of the siphon gizmo may not be able to get all the way to the bottom. Either way, it ought to get the majority. And the ones I've used have an angled tip, meaning you don't need to stand and hold it exactly vertical. Could be helpful for the ones toward the rear of the grow space, IDK.

Buy two and throw one into your "oh sh*t!" kit. They really are cheap, and you never know when you'll suddenly need to pump liquid at 3:00am due to a plumbing disaster. Probably won't want to use the one hanging beside your grow room for that, lol.
Yeah i agree cheers.

Also any ideas on the yellow leaves above ^
Here is a close up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201105-003419_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20201105-003419_Gallery.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 27
I have pots in saucers and having to move them to empty after watering. Once i have scrog in place this will be quite difficult. Any cheap solutions to easy saucer draining...?
Shop vac $20ish (loud but doubles as useful tool to clean stuff up)
Drill pump ( if you already have drill ) $10 ( quiet )
Sponge and bucket $2 ( obviously the worst method.. don't do this unless you need to )

Back
Top Bottom