When to flip to flower?

mastergreenerey

Hi guys,

Got 4 clones in 20l pots 4 weeks 5 days old. Tent size is 1 2x1.2x2m just wondering when you think i should flip to flower? They are under a double ended dimlux HPS 1000w currently dimmed at 600w. Have a look at pics below let me know what you think. Also when is best to throw in a scrog net..? Its my first time in coco and using double ended so all brand new to me not sure what to expect with this light
20201102_221517.jpg

Its the first time using a double ended HPS for veg and flower so im learning as i go. Plants seem short for their age in my opinion, not sure whats causing the slow growth. Only just moved light down in last 2 days so hoping this will help it has been on 600w at top of 2m tent since clones

I usually put scrog net on when they are about 8" tall from soil. Here are some I have going now, Three Las Vegas Triangle kush and the small one is 91 skunk D (91 skunk D is a week younger than the others). I put the scrog net down on Oct 18th and have been tucking almost every day since then. Second pic is from today
scrog3.5 weeks (1).JPG
scrog5 weeks.JPG

I have pots in saucers and having to move them to empty after watering. Once i have scrog in place this will be quite difficult. Any cheap solutions to easy saucer draining...?

If LST method) generally 6-8 weeks from seed ;then flip - This is a good reference point Some start to flower at 6-8 inches tall plant; too short for me - I prefer if going by height flower at 12 t0 16 inches then flip. You do know it all depends on you genetics, lighting you use but if one mainlines, tops, veg time can increase by 1-2 week givuibng the plant time to recover

If LST method) generally 6-8 weeks from seed ;then flip - This is a good reference point Some start to flower at 6-8 inches tall plant; too short for me - I prefer if going by height flower at 12 t0 16 inches then flip. You do know it all depends on you genetics, lighting you use but if one mainlines, tops, veg time can increase by 1-2 week givuibng the plant time to recover
Its been nearly 5 weeks had them as clones. 2 wedding cake 2 animal cookies. They're currently around 13 inches tall.. they have also all been topped around 2 weeks ago

you can put in flower now, the plant has recovered from topping - 13inches will give you a 39" ( 3ft)(depending on strain also) plant at harvest (double in size) can depend on your room's height. be for you flip - what do you think about defoliating ? see some very large fans ??? Nice full looking plant !!

you can put in flower now, the plant has recovered from topping - 13inches will give you a 39" ( 3ft)(depending on strain also) plant at harvest (double in size) can depend on your room's height. be for you flip - what do you think about defoliating ? see some very large fans ??? Nice full looking plant !!
Well it is need of some defoliation but i was waiting to just after i flip to flower so i can see better which fans leaves are blocking bud sites. However any touching leaves will need to be dealt with before flip to flower as i want to lower humidity.
20201103_151455.jpg

Also i may wait another week before flip to flower as i feel i want them taller

Flip to flower asap.

Dimlux now those are some pretty pricey lights as the ballast is part of the light fitting & some of these models comes with all sorts of bells 'n'' whistles... do ya research !

!. Mmm 20L pots those must be around 45 cm / 450mm in height size.

!. Plants look trained, normal not that bushy at that stage of growth of 4 weeks pushing 5 weeks.

Perhaps good conditions or extra Umol from fancy light.

Scrog net soon if ya thinking of doing it, if these plants have been trained suspected stretch is reduced from topping.

If not, expect double to triple size of vegged plant in final height depending on dominate genetics sativa/indica Some random stuff etc.

1.2 tents are in general 2m high even tho some brands are 2.2m high.

Ye some thinking needs to be done.

Well it is need of some defoliation but i was waiting to just after i flip to flower so i can see better which fans leaves are blocking bud sites. However any touching leaves will need to be dealt with before flip to flower as i want to lower humidity.
20201103_151455.jpg

Also i may wait another week before flip to flower as i feel i want them taller
NO defoliate NOW BEFORE you flip you do this because you want light to you bud sites - Remember after defoliation feed and then waite 3-4 days to then flip you have some work ahead of you plant might look like shit but it will it come out out of it

Back
Top Bottom