When to switch to 12/12

MarriedOn420

This is my first plant I think it is going well. She is 3ft and a quarter tall I was wondering when to switch to 12/12. She has quite a few white hairs on her. I am wondering if there are any signs as to when to set it into flowering. Also I was thinking about lining the walls with aluminium foil. Any suggestions would be appreciated I have 5 23w floucrescent bulbs on it.

I would go 12/12 tomorrow. You should plan on the plant doubling in size during flowering. Though it might not grow that much, you don't want to end up with a plant too big for your setup.

Ya I've been debating the same thing I just need to figure out how I am going to block it off to keep it fully dark.

I'd recommend mylar over aluminum foil. What type of room is the plant in? Is it going to be a challenge to get the area "light tight"? I can't stress enough how important it is to keep any and all light out during the dark period once you go 12/12.

I'd recommend mylar over aluminum foil. What type of room is the plant in? Is it going to be a challenge to get the area "light tight"? I can't stress enough how important it is to keep any and all light out during the dark period once you go 12/12.

Its in a closet in my bedroom it's not a closet with a door but it's not to small not to big and when she is ready for 12hrs of dark I put her in my closet in the living room and have a big heavy blanket over the door to make sure all light stays out I went in there to make sure no light was coming in and she is in pure dark. Now I took a little aluminum foil and put it by my light fixture to reflect it a little so I don't have to rotate so much.

Cool. I was just making sure you had enough light because the plant looks a little skinny. Flip it now. She should fill out if she has enough light, but I think anything you can do to increase the side lighting will help. I've never done a full grow with CFL's, but the pictures I see usually look "skinnier" than LED or HPS lights.

Back
Top Bottom