Which fan?

Hey guys,

Ha to take some lights out cuz of heat. Now i got some money so im gettin a 6" fan so i can get the lights back in there. These two fans are about the same price (around 55 with shipping). I just dont know if the high cfm axial ia better than a slightly lower cfm metal inline fan. What do you guys think??

235 cfm axial
https://www.thehydrosource.com/Fans...In_Axial_Fan?zenid=rkt6t1vfnqafr6o73kuvh61om3

160 cfm metal inline duct fan
Monster Gardens | The Last Honest Hydroponic Grow Store

A 235 cfm axial fan will be pretty damn loud and isnt the greatest fan for using on ductwork, cause its square.

The second fan is a duct fan, easier to use on ducts. They rate these fans 2 ways, both have cfm ratings but one is a free air cfm and the other is boosting. If 160cfm is what you need make sure the 160cfm figure is a free air rating and not max boosted.

By the way, a similar or maybe the exact same fan @ home depot is $30.

If noise is a concern @ all,,,,save your money and buy something like a Panasonic whisperline. There is no better fan out there.

ya i found that the duct fan is a boosting fan, not guna be worth the money for a lower cfm. I saw that fan your talking about, i am going to buy one for my next grow in a few months but i dont got money like that right now, seems like its perfect though (looks real enclosed and quiet). i am going to go with the 6" axial i posted above. it is circular shaped (kinda) so i think mounting wont be too hard, hopefully. thanks puffpuff

ya i found that the duct fan is a boosting fan, not guna be worth the money for a lower cfm. I saw that fan your talking about, i am going to buy one for my next grow in a few months but i dont got money like that right now, seems like its perfect though (looks real enclosed and quiet). i am going to go with the 6" axial i posted above. it is circular shaped (kinda) so i think mounting wont be too hard, hopefully. thanks puffpuff

You're welcome buddy. If you have other questions about fans, motors or what not, just give a holler.

You do know axial fans come in VDC, instead of VAC,,,and you can grab power supplys for them at places like radio shack...The power supplys can come in switchable voltages so you can make the fan have 2 or more speeds... so it doesnt cool to much or if high speed is to loud etc etc

I dont think you're going to like how loud a 230 cfm axial fan is going to be.
I just took one back a couple of weeks ago, drove me nuts in less then an hour.

Good growing!!!

Back
Top Bottom