Which light spectrum for clones and seedlings?

Farscape

Hi guys, I'm building my own home made propagator out of an old refridgerator.

Question is im going to be kitting out the inside of the fridge with Led's so which colour spectrum do you think best for starting off clones and seedlings? red, blue, white, orange maybe a mixture of everything?
It will just be used for young plants.

After the clones have rooted or seedlings grow to size they will be placed into my grow room to join their brothers n sisters :)

I bow before your wisdom :adore:

It depends on what you want to do with them. In general you want to keep them short and bushy for indoors growing. In that case you want a much higher amount of blue light and a little white/full spectrum to feed accessory photo receptors. If you want them to have burst growth and extra spacing between the internodes then use red.

Information with thanks Hosebomber, but perhaps I didnt make my question clear enough :)
I understand the concept of blue light for veg and red for flowering etc which I do in my small grow room.
Which light spectrum would new plants prefer, especially for clones to try and lessen the trauma of being ripped from their mothers and to help promote new root growth?
When my plants are 4-6 inches tall they will go into my grow room, but as clones and seedlings they will stay in my propagator (old fridge).
Fyi I grow in buckets of compost too. (i really need to think about going hydroponic one day)

Back
Top Bottom