Which option to choose for Par meter app?

kisshell

Hi all,
I am using a Par meter app to measure my light position. I just want to make sure I am choosing the best option.
I have a mars hydro ts1000, ts600 and viparspectra p1500.

The lux meter of the app [ppfd meter] is kinda accurate. When I choose different led option for par conversion I went with purple + white led. What would be the best choice.

Screenshot_20220623-175122_PPFD Meter.jpg

Screenshot_20220623-174748_PPFD Meter.jpg

i use Tent Buddy and I always flip between one or two settings and check. I don't need laser precision i just need to know what ballpark im in for the plants. if the 4000k reading gives me 180ppfd and the red+blue gives me 170ppfd (examples) i know what range im in for the plants and can adjust. I don't really need to know if it's 182 exactly do i? just that I'm below 200 and need to lower my light. I don't know why people knock mobile apps, they do the job and don't cost $200.00

i use Tent Buddy and I always flip between one or two settings and check. I don't need laser precision i just need to know what ballpark im in for the plants. if the 4000k reading gives me 180ppfd and the red+blue gives me 170ppfd (examples) i know what range im in for the plants and can adjust. I don't really need to know if it's 182 exactly do i? just that I'm below 200 and need to lower my light. I don't know why people knock mobile apps, they do the job and don't cost $200.00
Thanks mate.
I was just using the purple +3500k.
When I changed to 4000k led the par was considerably lower. Hmmm. I am getting about 46000 lumens in the top most canopy for flower. I need to get about 1000 to 11000 par.
Do you just do average of both ?

Thanks mate.
I was just using the purple +3500k.
When I changed to 4000k led the par was considerably lower. Hmmm. I am getting about 46000 lumens in the top most canopy for flower. I need to get about 1000 to 11000 par.
Do you just do average of both ?
not mathematically, just a mental averaging....."hey this is too low" and then adjust. If i have two readings wildly off, i'll flip thru a few more settings to get some more readings. When every reading is below what we want, it's pretty safe to say we need to move the light.

Back
Top Bottom