Double Diesel Haze Photo First Time Grow Journal

kisshell

First-time grower,
Hoping to get a lot of help with my journey.
I have a 50x90x160cm Grow Tent using Viparspectra P1500.
After a month, I will also get a 60x60x160cm Grow tent to make it veg grow tent as the former will be used for flowering after the first grow. I already have a Mars Hydro TS 600 for the veg tent.

I also ordered this seed Double Diesel Haze but can't find any other info.
This is from the site:
"Double Diesel Haze Feminised
63 day photoperiod - 5 Feminised seeds
This is a hybrid like the old Super Sour Silver Diesel Haze, however it has been reworked to reduce the flower times and increase the yield. This strain is a standout strain for its high quality terpenes. It is a consistent performer, with most phenos being highly productive. The flavors are mainly diesel like, with some lemon, sweet candy or pine notes from time to time. Even the most seasoned consumer will not tire of this strain, it's effects are consistent, day in, day out. A must for every collection."

I am just in the second day of the plant. Now the main issue I have is the soil. I just want a hassle-free medium for the first time so I am trying to use a readymade mix. Reading through the forum I got the below mix for seedling and growing.( I am in Aussieland)

Seed mix :

Will use this for transplant and final grow :

I also got ph downer, Nitrosil, Power Feed red and waiting for cal-mag to deliver. I got this after reading through "Bunnings coco growing" but realized Soil growing is different from Soil growing.

So my plan now is to let the young plant grow in the small cup for 2 weeks and then transplant it to 3-gallon fabric pot.
I am a real noob so have a lot of questions about the soil. I am thinking if i mix the "seed & cut mix" with the "tomato herb mix 50-50"?

Do I have to mix this "Tomate herb planting mix" with a soil? I thought this was the soil right?
Is there a difference between potting mix and planting mix?
Can we add perlite to this slow-release fertilizer?

I have to figure out how often to water. Also, what do i feed the plant, and when especially using the slow-release fertilizer.
I have attached the pic of the seedlings after 2 days.

20220328_084409.jpg

Nice to see you started a grow journal @kisshell

I am not familiar with these product, but I will get back to you soon, and don't believe the product feed schedule.

General information about each.
Potting mix:

> The calcium in gypsum promotes strong growth while the phosphorus encourages better rooting from both seedlings and cuttings
  • Includes Coir, a renewable resource that also aids in moisture and nutrient retention
  • Water crystals absorb and hold many times their own weight in water, releasing back into the mix as and when plants need it. Helps keep germinating seedling roots evenly moist
  • Certified to meet the Australian Standard for Premium potting mixes
A superior quality propagating mix for germinating vegetable, herb and flower seeds and for rooting stem, leaf and root cuttings. It includes Scotts Osmocote® that feeds for 6 months.

Planting mix.
  • Includes all the organic goodies that plants and soils love - composted manure, blood & bone, seaweed, fish and molasses
  • Promotes soil microbes with active beneficial micro-organisms in the growing environment to reduce the incidence of soil-borne diseases and assist in nutrient absorption by plants
  • A balanced and sustainable growing environment produces healthier, stronger plants that are less susceptible to insect attacks and diseases
  • All organic materials in this mix come from renewable resources, including the composted bark that forms the basis of the mix
  • Includes Gypsum, a natural clay breaker that improves soil texture without changing the pH, gypsum also provides calcium to prevent Blossom End Rot in tomatoes, capsicums and their close relatives
Great soil is essential for producing spectacular plants. Vegetable & Herb Mix helps create ideal growing environments in pots or the garden that get plants off to a great start. It provides everything your herbs and vegetables need to go from strong young seedlings to productive plants, and it includes Scotts Osmocote® that feeds continuously for 5 months

Stay safe, and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Hey Guys, Just an quick update. The plant is growing and just 3 days. Germinated another seed but has a little brown thing on one of the cotyledon.

I also have one question.
I just got a auto Sugar cookies yesterday. I know auto requires only one main pot. So now I need to make a Medium soon. How do I go about this in a 3 gal fabric pot. I am thinking 60% tomato veg mix , 30% seedling mix and 10% perlite. Will that be alright to germinate and hold the auto in the pot for all its stages. Won't the nutrient make it difficult in seedling stage?

20220331_104607.jpg

20220331_104413.jpg

20220331_104330.jpg

Hi Guys,
This is the 12th day of the first plant A and the 9th day of the second plant B.
Not sure how but the first plant lost one of its second node leaves and so maybe that's why it's smaller than the younger ones.
I have posted a Thread for more help. Not sure if I should have created a separate thread.

I will trial one plant with tomato veg slow fert planting mix no nute while the second one with just seedling mix with nute.

I also have planted an auto C in the tomato veg mix. I did make space using the above black small planter box and added seed mix in the middle of the final pot for the initial seedling to grow. Here are the pics. I am not going to add any nute with the tomato veg mix. I also haven't watered the whole pot for now. Just the middle part which should only have seed mix.

A B.jpg

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.jpg

Good morning @kisshell Hope you are having a good day my friend.
Lovely start to your garden.
As @013 stated you have a little bit before you need nutrients.
I like to fill my pots with roots before moving them to a bigger home.
Here is a thread on watering that will help.
I'll hang around and see how things go if that's OK. :thumb:

Stay safe
Bill

Some update guys.
This is starting of 5th week for the first plant and the second one is 2 days later.
Also I am growing sugar cookies auto but haven't Lst them yet.
I uppoted 1st plant in the tomate veg slow fert mix and 2nd plant on oscomote seedling mix which I will liquid nute feed with Manutec Nitroplus.
I have also lst both the plant today and topped the 1st plant in the 5th node and 2nd plant in the 6th node. I think they are quite small compared to youtube videos but might be the genetics?
You think I can flower these 3 plants in the 2x3ft 5ft height tent?

20220425_144704.jpg

20220425_144659.jpg

20220425_144656.jpg

20220425_144653.jpg

20220425_144649.jpg

20220425_144646.jpg

20220425_144643.jpg

20220425_144636.jpg

20220425_144635.jpg

20220424_215036.jpg

Some update guys.
This is starting of 5th week for the first plant and the second one is 2 days later.
Also I am growing sugar cookies auto but haven't Lst them yet.
I uppoted 1st plant in the tomate veg slow fert mix and 2nd plant on oscomote seedling mix which I will liquid nute feed with Manutec Nitroplus.
I have also lst both the plant today and topped the 1st plant in the 5th node and 2nd plant in the 6th node. I think they are quite small compared to youtube videos but might be the genetics?
You think I can flower these 3 plants in the 2x3ft 5ft height tent?

20220425_144704.jpg

20220425_144659.jpg

20220425_144656.jpg

20220425_144653.jpg

20220425_144649.jpg

20220425_144646.jpg

20220425_144643.jpg

20220425_144636.jpg

20220425_144635.jpg

20220424_215036.jpg
Good morning my friend hope you had a good weekend.
Your pots are half empty. :Namaste:
Get more coco right? and fill them.
Your wasting half the area for your roots.
In my Gorilla Glue clone thread there is a pictorial to show how to fill pots properly.
Lift them out and fill the pots and dome up the center.

Stay safe :cheesygrinsmiley:
Bill

Good morning my friend hope you had a good weekend.
Your pots are half empty. :Namaste:
Get more coco right? and fill them.
Your wasting half the area for your roots.
In my Gorilla Glue clone thread there is a pictorial to show how to fill pots properly.
Lift them out and fill the pots and dome up the center.

Bill
I was thinking it would be little difficult to lst since the plants are so small so I haven't add more yet. Should I just add more soil now?

I was thinking it would be little difficult to lst since the plants are so small so I haven't add more yet. Should I just add more soil now?
Can you lift them back out roots and all?
Fill them and set them back in?

Bill

Also I like to let them grow a bit before lst.
Leaves touching the dirt will get necrosis.
Here is a little window girl from the winter.
See doesn't touch the ground.
Winter Queen actually.

Bill

Screenshot_20220425-015622_Gallery.jpg

Can you lift them back out roots and all?
Fill them and set them back in?

Bill
I am defiently gonna put more mixes on the auto plant. For the first photo I will repot to 5 gal later and the 2nd one I will add more soil.
I thought the internodes will grow when the plant gets older and then I would have enough space to add more soil to fill it up.

Also, am I right to think that this plant will have 10 tops already? Does all the small plant growth be a top later ?

I am defiently gonna put more mixes on the auto plant. For the first photo I will repot to 5 gal later and the 2nd one I will add more soil.
I thought the internodes will grow when the plant gets older and then I would have enough space to add more soil to fill it up.

Also, am I right to think that this plant will have 10 tops already? Does all the small plant growth be a top later ?
Each branch ends with a bud. (Top?)
If you cut the tip off when it's in veg you get the side 2 branches at the end becoming you tops , thus making a double cola
5 nodes = 10 branches.
So 10 branches plus top cola = 11.

It's best to fill the pot properly the first time.
Get your roots filling the pot right away.
You don't want to try and grow up in the extra soil added after you been growing a month.
It'll take too long.

Stay safe
Bill

Each branch ends with a bud. (Top?)
If you cut the tip off when it's in veg you get the side 2 branches at the end becoming you tops , thus making a double cola
5 nodes = 10 branches.
So 10 branches plus top cola = 11.

It's best to fill the pot properly the first time.
Get your roots filling the pot right away.
You don't want to try and grow up in the extra soil added after you been growing a month.
It'll take too long.

Stay safe
Bill
Thanks mate . I am not sure if my tent can handle 11 tops each... Damn. I love it.
I have just tried adding more soil as much as I could just now. Just added the seed mix to all the pot so it will have nice top layer in the tomato Herb mix too.

So when I pot one of the plant to 5 gallon to make a mother plant, I shouldn't be adding mix to the top of the 3 gallon plant when, I transplant? Cause I was thinking I will cover some of the stem when I transplant.
I got a bruce banner auto arriving soon so I'll make sure to fill that one from Start.

Thanks mate . I am not sure if my tent can handle 11 tops each... Damn. I love it.
I have just tried adding more soil as much as I could just now. Just added the seed mix to all the pot so it will have nice top layer in the tomato Herb mix too.

So when I pot one of the plant to 5 gallon to make a mother plant, I shouldn't be adding mix to the top of the 3 gallon plant when, I transplant? Cause I was thinking I will cover some of the stem when I transplant.
I got a bruce banner auto arriving soon so I'll make sure to fill that one from Start.
Put your mom in the biggest pot you can, for root space.
Then order food for her.
Chech out Nutrients for mother plants.
They have slightly different nutritional needs.
You want to slow down growth and increase the carbon to nitrogen ratio in new shoots.
Basically less nitrogen but other good stuff too.

Bill

Put your mom in the biggest pot you can, for root space.
Then order food for her.
Chech out Nutrients for mother plants.
They have slightly different nutritional needs.
You want to slow down growth and increase the carbon to nitrogen ratio in new shoots.
Basically less nitrogen but other good stuff too.

Bill
That was completely new information I had no idea about.

Looks like I can't use my 1st photo as I am using Slow fert mix with high Nitrogen.
I will use the 2nd plant for a Mother Plant in the seedling mix as it should have used all the nute in the soil and then I can use liquid nutes.

That was completely new information I had no idea about.

Looks like I can't use my 1st photo as I am using Slow fert mix with high Nitrogen.
I will use the 2nd plant for a Mother Plant in the seedling mix as it should have used all the nute in the soil and then I can use liquid nutes.
You can use any plant , regardless of current nutrition.
It's the fact that mothers live so long.
Traditional growth rates will out grow her home.
Unless you cut 20 clones a month like I did but I digress. :rofl:
Basically doesn't matter what she is eating now, because you going to chop her branches and put her into storage Basically.
Pick your best branching one.:thumb:
Feed her like usual veg food.
And when you are done your first set of clones then switch to mother food.

Bill

Hey Guys,
Little update on the grow.
Photos have finished their 7th week.
One is good but other in the slow fert is still small. The auto has completed week 2 of flower. Very small. Hope it gives atleast 10 gms?
I have now also planted one auto[18 day] in seed mix(This one has some yellow spots??)
and another one[11 day] in coco.
Coco one is just huge compared to even photoperiod plants. I might just use coco for future grows. Coco one is on top left of the whole pic.
I got third auto in seed mix[3 days]

20220518_193939.jpg

20220518_193932.jpg

20220518_193930.jpg

20220518_193928.jpg

20220518_193919.jpg

20220518_193905.jpg

20220518_193900.jpg

Hey Guys,
Little update on the grow.
Photos have finished their 7th week.
One is good but other in the slow fert is still small. The auto has completed week 2 of flower. Very small. Hope it gives atleast 10 gms?
I have now also planted one auto[18 day] in seed mix(This one has some yellow spots??)
and another one[11 day] in coco.
Coco one is just huge compared to even photoperiod plants. I might just use coco for future grows. Coco one is on top left of the whole pic.
I got third auto in seed mix[3 days]

20220518_193939.jpg

20220518_193932.jpg

20220518_193930.jpg

20220518_193928.jpg

20220518_193919.jpg

20220518_193905.jpg

20220518_193900.jpg
Good morning @kisshell :ciao: Garden looks good this morning. :cheer:
I don't know if I asked before but how is your lighting situation.
The auto in flower needs more light energy if you want some good bud.
I run coco, fantastic stuff.
It needs fed full nutrients with calmag first every day at 5.8 ph to run off.
It must be kept wet all the time but no plain water.
Your coco girl will out grow everyone else no problem if you do that .
It requires daily tending but if you have the time you will really enjoy it.
You can see them growday by day , it's fun.
But you need to lower and or turn up your light.:Namaste:

Stay safe :cool:
Bill

Good morning @kisshell :ciao: Garden looks good this morning. :cheer:
I don't know if I asked before but how is your lighting situation.
The auto in flower needs more light energy if you want some good bud.
I run coco, fantastic stuff.
It needs fed full nutrients with calmag first every day at 5.8 ph to run off.
It must be kept wet all the time but no plain water.
Your coco girl will out grow everyone else no problem if you do that .
It requires daily tending but if you have the time you will really enjoy it.
You can see them growday by day , it's fun.
But you need to lower and or turn up your light.:Namaste:

Bill
Morning Bill,
I am using Viparspectra P1500 80% around 62 cm. I got it up yesterday from 54 cm from top most canopy. I thought my plant is growing really short due to too much light.
Around 700 par using my phone as par meter. I do have lux meter and it's similar using random web lux to par meter. I have just defoliated the healthy auto as I felt it's just not growing I hoped to compared to videos.

Morning Bill,
I am using Viparspectra P1500 80% around 62 cm. I got it up yesterday from 54 cm from top most canopy. I thought my plant is growing really short due to too much light.
Around 700 par using my phone as par meter. I do have lux meter and it's similar using random web lux to par meter. I have just defoliated the healthy auto as I felt it's just not growing I hoped to compared to videos.
Your tent is 3 x 2 ? = 6sqft / 150w = 25 w/ sqft.
Recommend watts / sqft in flower is 40w / sqft.
Par for flower recommendations are 700 to 1050 par.
The light is a touch weak for flower but you have babies right beside them.
I would turn the light up slowly until I had it full strength without hurting the babies.
But I'd put the flowering girl on a stand so she is closer.
60 cm - 45 cm - 30cm - right to 18 cm if she can take it.
My big flower room was 60w/sqft and by end of flower I had some of my sativa's 3 cm from the lights.
It wasn't optimal but the buds were amazing.
She may not like it that close but if you have to move her a bit at a time until you find out.
Otherwise you will have light airy buds. :Namaste:

Bill

Back
Top Bottom