White mark on seedling

4ursins

ok so my seedlings popped yesterday and when ive checked on them today ive noticed a white mark which was on underside of leaf when it popped, i initially thought was part of seed case now its showing on top of the leaf also. Anyone ever encountered this before? I suspect its something of nothing but id prefer to know than sispect. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20200706_105239.jpg
    20200706_105239.jpg
    364.1 KB · Views: 42
  • 20200706_105228.jpg
    20200706_105228.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 42
ok so my seedlings popped yesterday and when ive checked on them today ive noticed a white mark which was on underside of leaf when it popped, i initially thought was part of seed case now its showing on top of the leaf also. Anyone ever encountered this before? I suspect its something of nothing but id prefer to know than sispect. Thanks in advance.
Hi 4ursins,
Inside the seed case there's a fine sack like layer, this sometimes gets left behind. That's a possibility from first look.
If you have tweezers you could dampen the area with a couple of drops of water and see if it moves.
Of course it could just be a little mark that alot of plants have and grow out of.

When i look real close ya can see leaf starts off green then goes white but the white part looks like its actually stretched, almost looks like its the enternals of the actual leaf. I cant get hold of it with tweezers as its 1 structure to confirm this ive tried getting under it also with a screw tip and nothing happening. Im gonna have to presume its a dodgy leaf new growth seems ok and on par with rest of em so just keep an eye i would guess cheers guys

Ok so for future reference it is the leaf clearly looks stretched its white and smooth it essentially to me looks like the leaf but white and looks stretched out. You can see the new growth is green and doesnt appear to be spreading although initially it was only visable underneath overnight it became what you see in 1st pictures. Anyway heres todays picture and if anything else happens with this ill update as n when or even if required to do so. I do suspect though the end will eventually fall off but its still growing ya can see the growth. Id love to know what this is called though it must have a name
20200707_140737.jpg

Back
Top Bottom