White slime on air stones and roots

Thanks for the replys fellow farmers, hydroguard isnt available in canada due to something in it. Can't even get neem oil here. I'll be cleaning and soaking everything in a dilute solution of 29% H2O2. Bought some new stones to allow the ones from before to just soak for a few days. Cant afford a chiller during this covid19 crap, will have to drop ice water bottles in each bucket. And that's the worst part. Each bucket has it's own airline but they all have the same issue. Slime on the stone first then the roots after.
Hydroguard is available in Canada. Google it again and look for a company in Mississauga, Ontario.

I have this too. run system with bleach for 12 hrs then with h2o2 for 12 hrs and repeat. add only distilled water and 3 days later white slime everwhere.... I even put 1/2 ml h2o2@30% for every liter of water.
AHHH!

I have this too. run system with bleach for 12 hrs then with h2o2 for 12 hrs and repeat. add only distilled water and 3 days later white slime everwhere.... I even put 1/2 ml h2o2@30% for every liter of water.
AHHH!

What nutrients (et cetera) do you run? Any biologicals? Use your own distiller, buy distilled water in sealed jugs, or use a coin-operated machine?

Has this ever happened to you before, either in the same setup or a different one?

What nutrients (et cetera) do you run? Any biologicals? Use your own distiller, buy distilled water in sealed jugs, or use a coin-operated machine?

Has this ever happened to you before, either in the same setup or a different one?
My next step is to add more air stones and water flow. water from bottle. I'm using dnf nutrients. happens a lot. Now I only have airponics heads spraying water that drains into a rez. the rez has a 8w ir light that comes on twice a day for an hour. it stays clean till I add dnf. i add peroxide to the dnf right before adding it. Two days in mega slime. so I'm adding two water pumps to increase flow and an air stone in each drain to up oxegen. if it helps ill let u kmow

I was wondering the same thing, but then saw that the person had added an infrared source to the reservoir - so I assumed he was having to fight cold temperatures.

IDK. Areoponic setups always seemed to me like they were designed for people who felt they weren't already being challenged enough, lol. Like "So you've won every race this season, huh? Have you considered switching from that lightweight 850-horsepower GT car... to a four-ton dump truck?"

what can I say. If everything was working right what would I have left to do with my time? I've done a custom airponics system that's half way to being fogponics. I only do this to learn mostly. I have run and am about to (God willing) run an extraction lab again. I have pretty much mastered all that and do this to expand my knowledge. So to have what everyone else has doesn't do it for me. I look for less expensive ways to mass produce higher quality for selling sops. I made an ethanol extract to distillate sop that comes within 1% of what a very expensive thin film distillation machine can do just using custom filter and stil setup. I'm looking to do something like that with a grow. so ya cheap ass dump truck can win here if it's custom I think! LOL

sry the light is a disinfectant. the light can not get to the roots but it keeps the rez clean. It also oxidizes plant food so I'll be changing the water out twice a week after my clones grow roots and I add my dnf and cal/mag. also my system is trying to be a cloner and grower so less room required and no moving them around and shocking them...

Nothing wrong with challenging yourself, lol. Some take the stairs, while others ride the elevator - and, very occasionally, someone will decide to climb the exterior of the building.

Ihad read of using UV light for such a purpose, but that was the first time I read of using IR light to disinfect ones reservoir.

If you're not adding "organics," and have a sanitizer in your reservoir... you've got me stumped.

I don’t know if any of this will help, but if res temps are below 75, you are using Dutch Nutrients and have been, and you aren’t using organics I don’t know what it might be either. I know some pH adjusters have caused things like this for others so I stick with GH’s Up and Down. There is something out there they sell at Wally World for getting rid of algae that is safe for fish AND plants that I’ve seen others use to get rid of the slime, but it will just come back if you don’t figure out the source. Algae Killer or algae terminator or algae destroyer - something ominous sounding. HTH and good luck - these problems give us plenty to think about lol

Back
Top Bottom