DWC root rot slime - Advanced nutes - Help!

image29591.jpg
image29589.jpg

Here's what am dealing with

Are you keeping the water just below the bottom of the net pots?

Yes always an inch under
I talked to the guys at advanced they advised to swap all my nutes for fresh ones
I've done that today I'm going to run liquid oxygen for a few days see if it helps

Those roots don't look like they're rotting. They just look stained to me. Mine were always white until I started adding things like Big Bud when it was flower time then they would go brown like that.

When you have real rot big clumps of dead roots will just fall off when you lift the lid. When beneficial bugs are working they form a kind of slime on the roots but it's a good slime.

I hope you're not fighting a war that needs not to be fought.

L8r

Hi it's definitely rot loads of slimy clumps in centre of root ball
I think it's set in the Stoke
I can't belive there still alive I've took all the dead slimy roots off
Alls that's left is what's in the net pot

Hi it's definitely rot loads of slimy clumps in centre of root ball
I think it's set in the Stoke
I can't belive there still alive I've took all the dead slimy roots off
Alls that's left is what's in the net pot

At what rate have you been using the "liquid oxygen"?

I think it's 4ml per litre

I'm assuming it's 30% h2o2? That might be too much. I use 3ml/gal when I want to nuke them. I back it off to 2ml/gal for most of their life cycle. If the directions say 4ml/gal then I'm probably wrong in assuming it's too much.

I'm stumped. I've been able to get rid of the worst plant afflictions with h2o2. Even some systemic mildews. So I'm not sure what's going on here. It seems like you've tried every other trick in the book too (or a good couple of them at least). maybe z7 would be worth checking out, although it seems like there is something more at the root of this (no pun intended) rather than it just being the wrong product.

No it's 11% i think it works out at 16 mil/gal
I'm just going to keep nursing them till harvest
Replace everything and start over again

How did you manage to keep your Rez temps down with the 1000w in your dwc ?

No it's 11% i think it works out at 16 mil/gal
I'm just going to keep nursing them till harvest
Replace everything and start over again

How did you manage to keep your Rez temps down with the 1000w in your dwc ?

I don't know, that seems a bit hot to me still. That would be equivalent to about 5.5ml/gal of 30%. I only use up to 3ml/gal of my 30%.

I never had heat issues in that room. I don't think the temps ever went above 81 or 82 so the res didn't ever have a chance to get too hot.
Also, the buckets were sitting on a concrete floor which seemed to keep the water cooler that way.
And I let night temps get down to around 61 or 62 so the res (and the concrete floor) would have a chance to cool way down for about 10 or 11 hours each night.

I have the Gavita pro 1000w and master controller it rarely puts outs 550w
My buckets are on concrete as well temps stay around 66
I have to keep room temps at 78 or Rez temps go up

Sounds about right. Your temps sound like they are great though. Is 66 the temp of the concrete or the res water?

Z7 is all i use in my rdwc. One part is enzymes the other bennies. My water stays around 75 degrees in the summer.
I never flush the system and never had root disease. You can get it at American Agriculture on line.
I change my water every three weeks.

I used the h202 for a full cycle same thing happens
I think the recharge is newish on the market can't seem to find near me
Z7 doesn't seem to be available near me. Do you know what's in it ?
Hydroguard looks similar to one of advanced am using

I just can't understand how I can have pearly whites until I add the sensi.
Am I feeding the rot with the sensi or something ?

Thanks for all replies

How does everyone using a dwc setup water there plants ?
Just top up Rez ?
Water from top ie over the Stoke and pebbles?
A bit of both ?

I do my DWC in RubberMaid tubs with 2 - 12" airstones in the bottom. No top feed other than getting the new clones started and I just use a turkey baster or big syringe for a couple days to keep them wet until roots reach out and can get wet from the popping bubbles in the tub. The stones aren't lined up properly in this pic but there are 2 channels in the bottom of those tubs that the stones lay in nicely when it's all running. Air lines come in thru 2 holes drilled under the handle on the the tub.

TubPrep.jpg

L8r

Hi all I think I may have solved my problem with the previous question.
I've been pouring nutes in the net pots
So I think this has washed away any good bacteria and then fed the bad stuff
This is only a guess because I'm all out of ideas now
I'm going to try feed straight to Rez and hope for the best.
I will update either way
Thanks for all the suggestions guys

Back
Top Bottom