White Widow Week 5 Flowering Pics

widowmaker660

Hey everyone, here are my babygurl at week 5 Flowering stage. Would love to know your thoughts

20131221_180037.jpg
20131221_180138-1.jpg
20131221_180114.jpg
20131221_180104-1.jpg
20131221_180054.jpg

Thank you, had a timer issue a couple weeks ago and lights were on constant for almost a week. Three plants had burned tops so I clipped them, also from the stress a few plants displayed Hermie characteristics so I clipped the male polen sacs before opening and disposed of them by eating them lmao. I've been watching daily and inspecting and so far so good. I've grown these 15 plants in basic 2 gallon bins I have plenty of with funny as it is Miracle grow moisture control soil and a top layer of 2 inches of miracle grow for seeds and rooting. I've never transplanted and kept them in this medium from seed to flower under 13 x 26watt CFL lighting. I used daylight bulbs for veg and once the reached 2 feet and after topping twice I switched to flowering and soft white bulbs of the same wattage. They seem to be budding very well and look to be very healthy. The main colas as can be seen in pics look to be 10" buds when finished. I'm hoping to harvest in another 4 weeks. I hand picked the seeds from my first grow which yet again got stressed and were pollinated. I let the seeds mature for almost 3 months before planting. I chose the medium and the bins of the size I did so I can better control the nutes myself. There are 3 plants per bin and I feed every 2 days with a light solution of super bloom, 1 1/2 tsp per gallon of purified water and once a week I've been feeding molasses, 1 tbsp per gallon of water. I have a total of 6 bins a few with 2 plants And I spread 1 gallon amongst all per feeding and this method seems to be doing quite well. Plants are roughly 3 1/2 feet tall and budding from every branch. Resin is starting to accumulate heavily everywhere. I will post weekly til harvest.

I'm looking into different light sources, I started with the CFL reluctantly with price in mind lol. I read a lot of bad press on them, but I figured using more of them at a higher wattage at a lower distance in an enclosed environment would reduce the chances of losing light and it seemed to work beautifully. My first batch produced great tight buds, granted I had to flower a couple of extra weeks but who cares lol, I got enuff bud to hold me over. Actually this batch is progressing much better then the first and I'm not even attributing it to the light factor I'm attributing it to the feeding schedule. I'm not adding anything special, just water, super bloom and molasses once a week. The miracle grow at the proportions I'm using is working beautifully. Maybe if I was a commercial cultivator then I'd add hid lighting or leds but it would cost me way more than I should have to spend and all the extra that's involved and let's not forget the fire hazard. I did add however a carbon filter system which only cost me $100. That took care of the smell 100% and that was my main worry cause it stunk something fierce. With these 15 plants, I'm hoping to yield at least a pound or more and the bud is outstanding! I've been smoking for 25yrs and this bud blew away much of the best I've smokeda and rivaled the white widow and og kush I smoked when I visited the great land of Amsterdam years ago. I even had a bunch of friends smoke it in a cypher (of course not telling them I grew it) and they all loved it and said they would spend $50 an eighth happily. That was the clincher for me and showed me that I wasn't just tooting my own horn lmao. But yes I will post more pics and fingers crossed will harvest beauty in 4-5 weeks.

Okey i got ? u have 15 plants and using 13x26watts so 338watts for 15 plants...??? i use that for 1 plant i dont see how u can got a decent grow with 15 plants under 300watts

I'm using 26 cfl bulbs equivalent to 100 standard watts @ 2600 lumens each. The trick I've found is all in the enclosure. I am using highly reflective foam insulation board my plants are packed tightly together as pictured and I only have maybe 3inches of clearance on either side and I have a mylar sheet on the floor reflecting light back up. I built a reflective hood out of leftover foam board white side down to focus light down and lights are only at most 5inches atop of plants. It works., pics are proof. I've already had one harvest using this method of outstanding bud

Hey widowmaker awesome grow!! I know it's an older thread but I'm about to start my first grow and I'll be growing white widow as well. My set up as a first time grower looks a lot like yours I have cfls as lights plenty of them I think. Anyways any tips or tricks for these girls? Again awesome looking grow. Gives me hope lol

I'm using 26 cfl bulbs equivalent to 100 standard watts @ 2600 lumens each. The trick I've found is all in the enclosure. I am using highly reflective foam insulation board my plants are packed tightly together as pictured and I only have maybe 3inches of clearance on either side and I have a mylar sheet on the floor reflecting light back up. I built a reflective hood out of leftover foam board white side down to focus light down and lights are only at most 5inches atop of plants. It works., pics are proof. I've already had one harvest using this method of outstanding bud
you can just buy a $50 grow cfl and fixture 150w 14,000 lum. or get a bigger grow cfl up to 300w and only one cord. your reflector must look like a giant led panel made from house cfls. or t5 HO like 8 bulbs.

Good day friends, I'm not an expert in any way lol but the technique I'm using has worked well. While a grow cfl would make better sense, it wouldn't give me the even amount of light distribution needed for the amount of plants in my grow area. While using so many lights seems like overkill, i get a much better lumen distribution and heat per square foot. As for wiring, I connect all the wires together with 12/2 600 volt electric wire then connect to the main with one wire and the light fixtures im using are rated at 100 watts per bulb, may not be as pretty as the professional setups but the yield is equivalent. Using an enclosed grow area along with a reflective good kepis all the light and heat focused on plants with very little lumen loss. Like I said I'm no expert but like the old saying if it ain't broke don't fix it lol.

Good luck... Try to keep lights as close as possible where the heat is comfortable. The further away, more lumen loss especially CFLs. I've had 3 great harvest using CFLs, first batch 15 plants, second 18 plants and current batch is 36 plants. Bid has been gorgeous and very potent lol

Sweet. Would it be rude to ask what was your average yield per plant with this method? I know it's quality not quantity because ww is a very good smoke. Thanks again for the advice.

Yes sirrr, very good smoke, unbelievably soothing and relaxing. I've yielded roughly 17-30 grams per plant using the CFL method. HIDs will yield more but more cost and hazard risk balanced out the difference to me. I'm happy with my yields considering the small space I'm using.

having the lights really close with cfls is not as necessary as made out to be. a shit load of light is a shit load of light it don't matter if its CFL or hid or LED. Put too much extra heat next to a plant and it will slow photosynthesis. I started with house cfls than I got a 400w hid loved it. than I got a 1000w hid and loved it and the big plants. and then summer hit I found that trying to keep things cool and smaller yields was not worth the effort and cost. I found two solutions don't indoor grow in the summer or get cooler lights.
SANY03371.jpg
a large plant under a 250w bloom cfl

Back
Top Bottom