Why did I wait so long to grow?

GreenGrinch

Hey everyone. I'm a first time grower. There's been some amature attempts in the past which amounted to throwing some seeds in the ground and smoking some premature bud when I was 20 or so but this time I'm for real.

I'm 7 weeks and a few days into flowering with three plants in soil indoors. I started with 6 plants from really good bag seed under T8 fluorescents. After they got to be 18-inch-tall fat plants I recalled that my best friend said he won a 400 watt and a 1000 watt HPS lamp in a poker game 18 years ago in college. So you can say I'm one luck SOB and my boy gave them to me provided he gets a minor share. From there I've exceed all expectations in productivity. Quality has yet to be realized...

So as probablity would have it, I got 3 girls out of the 6. I've been a killer veggie gardner for years and have always started my plants in the basement. This year I took advantage of a fresh divorce and told myself, it's time to expand to my favorite plant.:)

Right now the girls are under the 1000watt lamp. I've been using Foxfarm nutes since I started flowering. the girls average 30-inches tall and I hope to get 2 oz off each of them.

As good of a gardner I am, this site has been extremely valuable and I thank all who have posted in the grow room. I've been reading up on everything for months now and I'd still be using miracle-Gro if it wasn't for you all.

I do have one question. Can/should I cut the tops off and start drying/curing, and let the rest of the plant continue for another week? The lower buds need another 4 days or so. they top is very much ready.

I'll upload a few images if anyone is interested. But I have to figure that out first. Just tried and I see it's not so straight forward. Now I know why there's direction on this site...later.:Namaste:

depends on what the tech look like and what you want.
peace
the big D
sorry but happy for you at the same time. i wish i could say im divorced and it be done. im sure tire of the chit!

Happy to know that you got a bumper harvest. Please write about the quality also when are done. Want to adopt your method..looks quite easy, but may be not so as I think. Would be asking you a few tips in future..

Back
Top Bottom