Why Do You Want To Kill Me?

Jim Finnel

Fallen Cannabis Warrior & Ex News Moderator
Ireland- A man ordered to leave Derry or be executed by paramilitaries says he wants a face-to-face meeting with those behind the threats to protest his innocence.
The 38 year-old man, from the Shantallow area, who does not want to be named because he fears for his life, was one of four men ordered to leave the city last week by dissident republicans.

He says he received a letter from the PSNI telling him his life was under threat from "a Real IRA gang" who accused him of "drug activities."

Speaking to the 'Journal' last night, the man insisted he was not a drug dealer and said he didn't know why he was targeted. He admitted to smoking cannabis occasionally but was adamant he has never sold drugs.
"The police came to my mother's door at 1.30 am and told me of a a death threat against me for alleged drug activities," he said. "The threat also said I had 24 hours to leave the city or I would be executed," he said. "At first I thought it was a joke because I'm completely innocent. I like a drink and I smoke a joint now and again but I have never sold drugs in my life."

The man said the murder of 22 year-old Emmett Shiels in Creggan this week has left him in fear of his life.

"I didn't take it seriously at the start because I know I'm innocent but after what happened in Creggan this week I'm very anxious now. My family is very worried. If there are people running around out there with guns, it is a very serious situation. It's gangersterism. If this doesn't stop, Derry will be as bad as Limerick or Dublin."
The man says he now wants to meet with the group behind the threats to explain his story.

"I want answers. I don't know if this threat is real or where it comes from or whether I am going to be shot. I am calling for a meeting with whoever is behind this. I am prepared to go and meet them, or their political representatives if they have any, and explain to them that I am innocent. I will go and meet them wherever they want, along with a priest or councillor, to see if they have any evidence against me."

News Hawk: User: 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Derry Today
Copyright: 2008 Johnston Press Digital Publishing

Back
Top Bottom