Why Firing Phelps Might Cost Kellogg More Customers

Papa Green, I tryed for 35 yrs. to organize truckers, and found that you can't get 10 of them to agree on anything. Same way with potheads !! It's really hard to take a stand, when they could lose their job for doing so !! We shop everyday at wal-mart, but we can't work there !! I believe we've got to change the publics perception of potheads !! And continue to hold our public servants accountable !!
As far as the letter to Kelloggs, he's right, but I don't see them changing anything till we stop talking and start boycotting !! And for gods sake, don't eat the waffle !! Ha !! The only voice we got is norml, and i only hope they give us guidance !! We are a huge voice, but we must speak united !! Until we can work at wal-mart, our position weak !! And all they understand is the bottom line. I would like to see wally world boycotted till they stop their unfair treatment of the very folks that buy their garbage !! But no one has notifyed me of any plans to do anything ?? I believe now is the time !! When you park that big rig, there's no reason you should not be able to enjoy mj, just like you can have that beer. And if we must test, then lets insist that cops, judges, lawyers, politicians, etc. also test!! Can someone explain to me why these folks don't test !! Ha !! We're a big voice, but we're weak !!

I agree. Cannabis should be just like beer. Legal for anyone of age.

Illegal to be used where being drunk would be illegal as well. That's all that needs to happen. All these other laws are just a prelude to that. Its gonna happen soon I think - in the next decade.

I went to the posted link to the site on the death of Bruce Lee that the writer seemed to think showed that Lee died from swallowing cannabis.While the article did say that Lee experienced stomach pain from swallowing hashish and alluded to some Nepalese men experiencing the same the article made no claim of mortality from any form of cannabis.I don't know what the letter writer thought the article said that caused him to post the link but it is still clear that no one has died from ingesting cannabis.I will say that eating large doses of certain kinds of hashish will get you so high you will wonder if you have entered another dimension.I don't think that counts as death.:peace:

This is gonna be the major thing that allows for real legalization again. Finally, thanks to folks like the late, great Jack Herer, some of these silly falsities are going away.

The fact is NO ONE HAS EVER DIED FROM INGESTING CANNABIS. The amount needed to kill you is physically impossible to get in your system. If he died from swallowing a hash ball - he choked or had some other reaction. It was not the THC. He would have had to swallow a hash ball the size of a beach ball.

You cannot die from Cannabis. If a doctor were to hand you a bottle of aspirin and say take as many of these as you want till you feel better - you could die. If the same doctor were to hand you 500 joints and say smoke these till you feel better - the worst that would happen is you fall asleep and wake up feeling groggy the next day.

Those are the facts. Period.

The LD50 (lethal dose for 50% of the population) of cannabis is FAR safer than aspirin, coffee, valium, beer, tylenol, cigarettes, sugar, and a host of other things.

:peace:

I wonder if anyone here is good with finding info on Kelloggs that would suggest a loss in revenue since they flicked Phelps off like a dried up booger.

From their annual Report:
Dear Shareowners,

In 2009, we delivered strong, high-quality results while continuing to build an even stronger Kellogg Company for the future.
Thanks to the hard work and passion of our 31,000 Kellogg employees around the world, the strength of Kellogg was demonstrated again in 2009 with another year of sustainable and dependable *performance. By any measure, this was one of the most challenging operating environments in decades. However, we are pleased that despite the backdrop of a difficult economic environment and a tough competitive landscape, 2009 was a very good year for Kellogg. We once again delivered high quality results while building an even stronger company.
Kellogg grew internal net sales, operating profit and earnings per share at, or above, our long-term annual targets.

• We posted 3 percent growth in Internal Net Sales, driven by a particularly strong year in cereal and a solid year in snacks.
  • We delivered a 10 percent improvement in Internal Operating Profit, reflecting the success of our cost *savings and productivity initiatives.
  • We generated $3.16 Earnings per Share, a 13 percent increase on a currency-neutral basis.
We generated record cash flow of nearly $1.3 billion. We fulfilled our com*mit*ment of returning cash to shareowners by increasing our dividend by 10 percent and returning nearly three-quarters of a *billion dollars through dividends and share repurchases.
From the SEC filings:

The aggregate market value of the common stock held by non-affiliates of the registrant (assuming only for purposes of this computation that the W. K. Kellogg Foundation Trust, directors and executive officers may be affiliates) as of the close of business on July 4, 2009 was approximately $13.7 billion based on the closing price of $46.82 for one share of common stock, as reported for the New York Stock Exchange on that date.
As of January 29, 2010, 380,565,213 shares of the common stock of the registrant were issued and outstanding.
Parts of the registrant's Proxy Statement for the Annual Meeting of Shareowners to be held on April 23, 2010 are incorporated by reference into Part III of this Report.
ITEM 6. SELECTED FINANCIAL DATA

Kellogg Company and Subsidiaries
Selected Financial Data

kellogs_financials.png

(a) Fiscal year 2008 contains a 53rd shipping week. Refer to Note 1 within Notes to Consolidated Financial Statements.
(b) The Company uses this non-GAAP financial measure to focus management and investors on the amount of cash available for debt repayment, dividend distribution, acquisition opportunities, and share repurchase, which is reconciled above.
(c) Interest coverage ratio is calculated based on income before interest expense, income taxes, depreciation and amortization, divided by interest expense.
(d) 2008 change due primarily to currency translation adjustments of ($431) and net experience losses in postretirement and postemployment benefit plans of ($865).
So sales went down, profits went up. Its also amazing to me they spent over $1B on advertising and only $181M on R&D.

:peace:

Back
Top Bottom