Will I need ducting for my grow tent?

LacesOut

I really didn't want to deal with any ducting inside or outside of my tent. My plan was to simply attach the fan to the carbon filter and then have it vertical exhausting through the top vent. But now I'm thinking that won't work.

Most videos and setups I see has the carbon filter and fan horizontally secured to the top of the tent and then ducting attached leading out of the tent. It does seem better to have it horizontal to save space and easier to secure.

So do I need ducting to make it work?

thanks

You will need a connection of some sort between the fan and the filter, as they aren't usually designed to connect together, but running the setup vertical will be fine as long as you have a way to support the fan and filter.

I was able to directly connect my Can Lite filter with my Prima Klima fan without problems. As a matter of fact, the fan manufacturer recommends this over having an inbetween connection. An adapter 100 --> 125mm solved the problem.

26_07_4.jpg

I was able to directly connect my Can Lite filter with my Prima Klima fan without problems. As a matter of fact, the fan manufacturer recommends this over having an inbetween connection. An adapter 100 --> 125mm solved the problem.

Nice, was the adapter included or is that something you had to purchase? That is a nifty little piece!

Back
Top Bottom